My best recording to date - Hardcore/Melodic

JamesPhilipKing

New Metal Member
Mar 6, 2011
Hey guys, I haven't been recording long but I've worked with this band for a while and I think this is the best overall mix I've got so far, let me know what you think -

Obviously a long way to go to compared to most of the stuff posted on this forum by our more experienced members, any feedback and critique would be appreciated!

Thanks,

James.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vox sound pretty damn good. I feel like the snare transient is being compressed, so maybe use a clipper/transient designer and/or extend the comp attack.

I feel like the snare transient is being compressed, so maybe use a clipper/transient designer and/or extend the comp attack.

Thanks, I'll try to get it poking through the mix a bit more - maybe the vocals are masking it slightly by being too loud as well

sounds good. what did you use for snare and kick?

Thanks, the drums are all Slate. I combined a couple of snares and kicks, just played around until i found combinations that seemed to suit the song. Then just some EQ, bus compression, and limiting!

sounds cool, but i miss a bit of high end in the guitars... especially when the high overdub guitar comes in, it gets a bit muddy imho