My Bi-Annual "Recomend me bands like Oceansize" thread

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
Wait is that Bi-Annual or... well i mean every 6 months!

or something. Whatever..

Anyways, yeah, a few years ago, i discovered Cave In and Between the Buried And Me, and I loved the softer side of between the buried and me. And someone recommended me a band called Oceansize, which weren't really ANYTHING like the softside of BTBAM, but which now proudly sit at the top of my lastfm charts. I like them THAT much.

And ever since finding Oceansize, I've been on an endless search for similar music of the same VERY NAMELESS genre as Oceansize.

Some similar bands i've found were Amplifier, Aereogramme, Leaves, Mew, Fightstar, Pure Reason Revolution, Karnivool, Sikth, Sigor Ros (Knew about them long ago though), Radiohead's OK Computer (Whoda thunk!), The Grand Silent System, The Snake the cross and the crown, as well as Cave In and BTBAM and yeah other stuff like that!

I know i keep doing this thread over and over, but last time I did it, I found Fightstar and PRR as a result! Thanks in advance you sexy men!

Reactions: Dango
I think that A Perfect Circle at times sound a bit similar, but oceansize are incredibly unique eventhough they sound very common,
can't really come up with any band as a direct connection, but i'm sure there are bands that sound like some of the elements that make oceansize.

Last.fm suggested it as space-rock.

try listening to "voyage 34" by porcupine tree (im sure you already know them, but few really go back that far in their discography). its very psychedelic, a bit electronic, i think it communicates well with Radiohead's OK Computer.
PS Muse, at times, could fit your description.

Maybe it's just me, but I recently started listening to Riverside, liked it very much and thought that it sounded sort of similiar to Oceansize. Well, atleast I like both.

Oh and *shels i shoulda had on my list. They are another fantastic band.

Checking out Scraps Of Tape right now and i like what I hear, and pg.lost is next.

I love how a lot of these bands use that textured guitar shredding technique. It sounds yum.

I know all of porcupine tree's music, it is excellent. Porcupe Tree, Riverside and Amplifier are all a little similar, and are all fantastic. As are pineapple tree. Been listening to all those bands for a while now. Thanks For The recommendations!

Scraps Of Tape are excellent! And so are pg.lost. Right up my alley.