My comments on the "Hymns..." CD release show

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
First and foremost, we would like to thank all the fans that came out to the show, especially those that came from such great distances!!! (You know who you are, THANK YOU!) It truly means the world to us to meet everyone and talk it up at the shows; it is always an honor.

Being that it was the weekend before Halloween, we didn't anticipate a very big crowd due to having to compete with house parties and other clubs that have friends from other bands we know playing parties... In fact we were pretty skeptical if it was going to go over well at all. Imagine our surprise that even though it was a minimal draw due to the holiday weekend, that everyone who attended was up in front with their horns in the air! It was even more amazing to see so many Katagory V shirts in the audience, both new AND old!

We appreciate those that came out in support of us and the new album regardless of the weekend, you are the true K5 fans and we will never forget that! We would also like to thank Dusty and the staff at Club Vegas, TJ (Mr. Toast), John for doing a great sound job, as well as all the other bands that performed that night - Ashen Legacy, NOXX and Melodramus - it was a group effort that couldn't have happened without your help!

For those of you that were there, you probably knew already that we did this very important show without our singer Lynn, and that we had Norman Skinner from IMAGIKA fill in for the event. We want to thank Norm for flying out and taking the time to do this, we really appreciated it from the bottom of our hearts, and from the response and feedback of the fans, it appears that they REALLY appreciated it as well! We had a blast on stage with him, and it was a lot of fun hanging out with him and his fiancé' Christina over the weekend. It is unfortunate that it wasn't filmed (although there are some photographs taken!), as Normans performance with us on stage was absolutely electric. For those that made it, you got to see and hear something really special, for those that didn't - you seriously missed out on a once in a lifetime event.

We rolled through an hour long set that consisted of mostly material form "Hymns of Dissension", but also threw out several of the fan favorites such as "Evil Princess", "Risk and Sacrifice" and of course "Fading In…". There were only a few issues on stage, for example, Marc being late on one songs, making it sound more technical and progressive than it needed to be (haha!), but overall it was so much fun, that if there were any issues, we never noticed them, it went by us way to quickly for.

Now that this show is behind us, we will go back into the studio and beginning working on more new material, but also gear up for some more possible live shows down the road, one of which that is in the works right now for New Years Eve in Las Vegas. It will be a very interesting and different show from what we normally do because it won’t be a Katagory V show…well, not entirely anyway. All we can say right now is that it still in the works and not 100% confirmed, but we will be announcing more info on this very soon, once we are certain everything is in place. If it works out, it will be a really fun show!

Also, we have received many emails and questions concerning the events that prevented Lynn from being able to perform at the CD release party; we are not ready to comment about that as of now, but we will be issuing a statement within the next few weeks concerning this matter, so stay tuned...

Oh! Real nice...Did you have to point out to the world my fuck-up? I hate you!!! I try so hard to make you proud. Why won't you love me??? 'sobs and runs home':cry:

Oh! Real nice...Did you have to point out to the world my fuck-up? I hate you!!! I try so hard to make you proud. Why won't you love me??? 'sobs and runs home':cry:

:lol: :saint:

...I probably should point out that the incident was caused by a guitar change over, and Marc slamming the headstock into his forehead. We thought he was ready to go when the song started... little did we know he was still seeing little albatrosses circling atop saying "mine, mine, mine, mine...."

BTW Marc... having a bloody forehead from a self inflicted wound is so necro... I love it!