My complete rig (AxeFx, VHT, Zilla, Blackmachine BKPs woot woot)

Parka Dez

Jun 30, 2009
So after a few months of getting everything together, then finally deciding on the tolex colour of my cab my rig is now complete!

So the rig is made up of a Furman, two AxeFx's, a VHT 2:50:2 and a Digi 002. The other guitarist cab is an old Marshall 1960a cab loaded with v30s and beam blockers. My cab is a custom built Zilla cab (company from the UK) loaded with v30s and purple tolex for extra tone. Digi 002 controls all our patches, with us playing to a click track.

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

Extremely impressed with the Zilla cab, is built extremely well and sounds huge. Bottom end is extremely tight, and cuts extremely well in our band practices. Will no doubt have some clips up shortly!

That is my b6 which is my gigging guitar. For the price, I cant see a better fixed bridge on the market.

I have a b2, but I doubt I will ever play it live. Glad you guys are digging it!

Wait, were you formerly lepersmeesa on here dude? Or are you his co-guitarist? Anyway, badass rig, I take it each 50 watt half of the VHT powers each cab; is that enough power? (at least it's all-tube) What's up with the baffle on that purple cab though? (and the 4 corner things around the speakers, just seems like odd construction) FUCK YEAH for oversized though :headbang:

Wait, were you formerly lepersmeesa on here dude? Or are you his co-guitarist? Anyway, badass rig, I take it each 50 watt half of the VHT powers each cab; is that enough power? (at least it's all-tube) What's up with the baffle on that purple cab though? (and the 4 corner things around the speakers, just seems like odd construction) FUCK YEAH for oversized though :headbang:

Yeah I used to be lepersmeesa, but it was an extremely old username and I thought I would update everything to my current one (kinda pointless, but still haha).

Yeah, 50 watts a side, which is plenty loud. One side is biased hotter than the other which I will sort out in due course, but I run it around 1 o'clock and the guitars are very clear and defined. Literally turn it up to 3 o'clock and it will be all you hear!

I couldn't explain exactly what the difference is, but I would assume to keep everything really sturdy, as the bass response on the cab is awesome. I can ask the guy though, as he built the cab for me. Definitely glad I went oversized! Will have clips up soon I hope!

And what's the big deal with the Blackmachines, btw? Everyone creams over them, but I really don't see anything special about them, spec-wise. How much do they run?

They are built extremely well. Play amazingly, sound great, and are great as a live guitar as they are extremely light.

Some people dig em, not for others I suppose.

I would hazard a guess around £600ish (give or take). Which in comparison to other similar build quality and materials you are looking around £900-1000 for a cab (Mesa, Engl cab with v30s 13-14ply birch).

You also get the added bonus of having the opportunity of getting whatever tolex you want! I was tempted to go for a bright yellow, but I had to go with the purple!

http://www.zillacabs.com/home.html

Has a few examples of his work.