MY daughter asked me something very disturbing last night and I wanna share.

Twisted Tony

Old School Metalhead
Mar 18, 2002
Bricktown, NJ
Visit site
My 10 year old daughter is studying World War 2 in history class. So of course Hitler, Germany and the Nazis are the subject of conversation around the dinner table the last coupla nights. :ill:

So guess what she ask me? Daddy? Are Saxon that band that you listen to Nazis? Because they have the same symbol with the eagle as the Nazis. I was mortified! How could she think that? I told her No of course and then tried to explain to her about where the band comes from and how they are just a Rock band and most certainly not Nazis.

Then it hit me!

Take a look at this:

SAX103F.JPG

And now look at this:

armycapeagle.jpg
heer_early_breast.jpg

Weird huh? Not exact, but similar. Now we all know that the band in no way has anything to do with the Nazis. But I'll tell ya it was strange having to explain to my daughter that I am not a Nazi and Saxon aren't either! She happens to like Princess of the Night and some of the other songs I've played for her.

Kids say the darnest things!
eek7.gif

Hey saxon747! I will understand if you decide not to show the pic of the insignas.

I thought the eagle was an American symbol for freedom, or am I wrong?
Navy SEALs uses it
us_navy_seals_3_inch_logo.jpg

And many other military "services" aswell here in Sweden as in America and in other countries.

Hey Tony whats up? yeah I notice that too, I think it's just a coincidence myself, your daughter sounds very intuitive and smart, and thats a good thing.:)

Your right, kids do say the darndest things, like you, my daughters are a consistent reminder that I don't know everything

I don't put anything past a kid they call it like they see it

Twisted Tony said:
My 10 year old daughter is studying World War 2 in history class. So of course Hitler, Germany and the Nazis are the subject of conversation around the dinner table the last coupla nights. :ill:

So guess what she ask me? Daddy? Are Saxon that band that you listen to Nazis? Because they have the same symbol with the eagle as the Nazis. I was mortified! How could she think that? I told her No of course and then tried to explain to her about where the band comes from and how they are just a Rock band and most certainly not Nazis.

Then it hit me!

Take a look at this:

SAX103F.JPG

And now look at this:

armycapeagle.jpg
heer_early_breast.jpg

Weird huh? Not exact, but similar. Now we all know that the band in no way has anything to do with the Nazis. But I'll tell ya it was strange having to explain to my daughter that I am not a Nazi and Saxon aren't either! She happens to like Princess of the Night and some of the other songs I've played for her.

Kids say the darnest things!
eek7.gif

Hey saxon747! I will understand if you decide not to show the pic of the insignas.

I used to have a metal eagle Saxon pin badge and used to get questioned regularly by the ex-serviceman who was security at the office I worked at, he too thought it had Nazi conotations.

But hey it's just a symbol.

Well at least I am not the only one who's seen the similarities. And yes, Crusader the eagle has always been a symbol of freedom. Especially here in the USA where it is our national bird.

I wonder if the band has ever had any problems? Has Wheel of Steel ever been banned in any countries since the Eagle bears a resemblence to a Nazi insigna? Maybe saxon747 could ask the band if they've ever had a problem. Hehehehehehehehehe but then again we are stilling waiting for all those questions we submitted to be answered first.:tickled:

Interesting point, Tony! I am 25 years old, and my mom, even though she likes some Saxon stuff, asked me the same thing once. Moms say the darndest things too! Anyway, if anyone asks you about the Eagle, you could point out, for example that while the nazi eagle is facing the right, Saxon's Eagle is looking to the left (well, the viewer's left that is). Now this may seem silly, but could that have anything to do with-right wing versus left-wing politics? (no pun intended!)

So... secret how's it hanging to the left or the right:)

secret_weapon said:
Interesting point, Tony! I am 25 years old, and my mom, even though she likes some Saxon stuff, asked me the same thing once. Moms say the darndest things too! Anyway, if anyone asks you about the Eagle, you could point out, for example that while the nazi eagle is facing the right, Saxon's Eagle is looking to the left (well, the viewer's left that is). Now this may seem silly, but could that have anything to do with-right wing versus left-wing politics? (no pun intended!)

Crusader - :lol: Nice one! Yeah, I just LOVE 'em too, especially when you're dressed up for a night at the Theatre and one shits, just inches away from your head!! Paxoman loves them so much, he lets them nest on his balcony :D

Back on the topic: The only difference between the nazi eagle and all the otherones who aren't nazi-related, is that the nazi one has its head turned to the right, while the otherones has their heads turned to the left. But maybe that is a big difference, I'm not so familiar with symbols.

Back off topic:

Paxoman said:
Many bands use an eagle as a symbol. I mean, having a pigeon just ain't metal is it?!!

Crusader said:
:lol:
Though I find the pigeon far underestimated! :lol:
And how would it look like if Biff threw out old bread to the audience?