My daughter's bday (for those who may concern)

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Hey guys,

Do you remember Zoe, my daughter that passed through a huge hip / femur surgery about 3 years ago ? She's turning 6yo today. At the time, we were desperate to raise money to pay her super expensive surgery and you guys, from around the whole world, kickstarted a huge campaign that raised enough money (and raised our morale to make a huge local campaign) for her surgery and recovery. So you guys are kinda like Zoe's godfathers :D

So, once again, thanks guys :D

zoe.jpg

awesome mate, too bad that I just couldn't sent you money, but I was soooo broke back than.

Congrats for having such a tough little daughter!

It's nice to hear that. I'm relatively new here, what exactly happened?

She was born with a congenital defect on her hips that needed a $10k (which, at the time, was A LOT of money on Brazil, roughly 30 times the minimum wage and way more than both of us earned yearly) surgery on her hips/femur and we were completely broke back then, and the Sneap forum guys helped us with a huge campaign. After the surgery, she needed like 6 months to start learning to walk again and now she's a perfectly fine (despite still having a little length difference between her legs) young lady.

That was after she survived a very troublesome pregnancy (the doctor told us she'd never survive it), borning a little more than 1 foot big and 3 pounds heavy, being the only survivor on a infected NICU, etc..like Steff said, she's a though little kid.

Dude that is awesome to here. While the situation was tragic, it was great to see that we as a community could pull together in such a big way. Not with just money but with support and love as well. Not enough of that going around these days. Glad to hear she is doing so well.

haha awesome photo (cat looks like "whyyyyyyyyyy....") & happy to hear that man! All the best to you guys! :)
I remember the campain, iirc even forum members of other Ultimate Metal subforums pitched in.