My Experience in getting into Devin...

JesterOfDeath

AKA Addicted To Death
Nov 16, 2001
Chicago, Illinois
www.roomsevenstudios.com
Well, when i first heard Seventh Wave after blindly buying OM, i was immediately taken aback. I don't think an artist has ever captured my attention in such a short time as Devin has. I've listened to OM countless times now and i listen to it at least 10 times a day now! I got City in the mail two days ago and it hasn't left my CD player! To sum it up, thanks Devin for being as creative as you are and rocking my ass off! :) I look forward to buying your whole collection very soon and experiencing the magic that i found when i bought my first 2 albums! Sorry if this is an unusual post, but credit to the man is very much deserved!

I think everybody who listen to Devin for the first time, Get hooked, the same happened to me. The first song that I heard was Oh My Fucking God,of SYL and it really "captured my attention" , as Jester said. I got curious about his solo stuff. Buying SYL's City some weeks after, and then Devin's OM...yeah, you're right, a credit to Devin it's really deserved

Originally posted by azal
the first time I heard Devin was on Vai's sex and religion and his performance floored me.

boo ya

id have to agree he's incredible on there, and i listened to S+R a long time before I heard devy's other stuff ... problem is I didnt make a connection it was the same guy until someone told me a few months after i started listening to OM. :err:

I was so much more interested in Vai at the time, I didnt bother remembering the other musicians last names, just knew it was some Devin guy. :D

I'd heard about him a lot, but none of the random songs I got struck me. Then I listened to the two Terria songs on MP3.com, so I got a few more songs off there, then took a chance and bought it and OM. Then I got Infinity and Physicist. Physicist I finally liked after never liking any of the songs I downloaded from it, and Infinity broke my mind and put it back together in a better way. I got City and that demo CD somewhere in there too.

Got Heavy and the Infinity EP recently. Need No Sleep now, and the Terria Ltd. edition. And then the two new albums in February. I'm glad Devin decided to be a musician, and not an accountant or something.