My favorite new age black metal bands.

Walls1441

May 13, 2007
myspace.com
For when i want that melodic sound scraped from the ashes of 90s frozen forest recorded tremolopickathons.

Keep of Kalessin.
Shining. (just got the new album and it fucking rocks. better than The eerie cold IMO)

Any more? I have some abigail williams but idk if its because they're from america or what, i just can't get into them as much as these two bands. I think its the more melodic solos, though there is some of that sweeping business on the new shining album.

code, wittr, weakling, keep of kalessin, shining

code are more black metal than a band like wittr is, btw

if you also want to count "new age" as "orthodox" then funeral mist, dso, ofermod, ondskapt, malign, katharsis, etc

Okay, i've heard of all the bands in this thread with the exception of Code.

Not what i'm really looking for. For example Dso is probably my favorite band right now, but i wouldn't consider them melodic for more than 2 or 3 riffs per 10 minute song (post Kenose)

I mean shit that sounds like Arch Enemy Burning Bridges era except tremolo picked. A mix of Gothenburg, Black Metal and a little thrash. For example Keep of Kalessin or Belphegor. Idk what the 'official' genre is. I have Negura - Om. Not what i'm looking for right now.

Well the thread title is rather misleading considering it mentions modern black metal but intends to inquire about melodic black metal, modern or not.

yeah first of all keep and belphegor are NOT black metal

you can call it blackened death metal...i guess??

behemoth's first albums were straight up black metal now there straight death metal but some of the in between albums might be what your looking for?

goatwhore, blasphemy, impaled nazarene, sacramentum
might be some bands youd be interested in as well

yeah first of all keep and belphegor are NOT black metal

you can call it blackened death metal...i guess??

behemoth's first albums were straight up black metal now there straight death metal but some of the in between albums might be what your looking for?

goatwhore, blasphemy, impaled nazarene, sacramentum
might be some bands youd be interested in as well

keep of kalessin are black metal....don't see how you can claim that they're not, they're certainly not a death metal band.

and lol @ mentioning goatwhore, is that a joke? keep of kalessin isn't black metal but goatwhore is?

thread title is way too misleading.

anyways check out sigh.