Favorite Black Metal bands

ænimated said:
Don't get too excited, it's not very good.

Damn, and I just ordered it from Redstream. :cry:

To answer the question:
Abigor - Verwustung
Arcturus
Blut Aus Nord
Burzum
Enslaved
Nargaroth
Negura Bunget
Sad Legend
Summoning
Ulver
Weakling
Windir

unknown said:
I think before anybody else responds to this thread that Nymphoria should be forced to change the picture in his thread lest he meet the Inquisition
What makes you think the poster is a guy? :err:

Deathspell Omega
Graveland
Burzum
Moonblood
Grand Belial's Key
Nokturnal Mortum
Bathory
Tearstained
Morrigan
Inchiuvatu
Varathron
Haemoth
Hegemon
Leichenzug
Naer Mataron
Alastor
End
Kawir

and more. I think that Greece has the best bm scene.

Blut Aus Nord
Burzum
Sacramentum
Emperor
Darkthrone
Ulver
Averse Sefira
Drudkh
Kampfar

Venom, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Horna, Behexen, Immortal, Marduk, Dark Funeral, Burzum, Urn, Arsonist Lodge and Archgoat(black/death metal).

Immortal
Summoning
Varathron
Necromantia
Blut Aus Nord
Dark Tribe
Silencer
Mortuary Drape
Windir
Tormentor

I would not consider myself a bm fan, but think the first 2 Dissection fullengths are ace. Perfect blend of aggression,melody. Great production that is not shitty or over produced/ digitalized either. The music really gets to speak. Guitars,drums are recorded great giving the music tons of power,emotion, very upfront.

Unanimated 'in the forest of the dreaming dead' is also great.

Of all time: Burzum
Some others: Grand Belial's Key, Rodovest, Khali-Juga, Astrofaes, Hate Forest, Drudkh, Blut Aus Nord, Deathspell Omega, Emperor, Enslaved, Epheles (excellent stuff), Forest Silence, Frostmoon, Silencer, Graveland, Ildjarn, Vinterriket, Imperial Crystalline Entombment, In The Woods... (early stuff), Judas Iscariot, Kampfar, Windir, Kvist, Leviathan, Lunar Aurora, Luror, Manetheren, Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra, Mjölnir, Nargaroth, Negura Bunget, Nerthus, Nordlicht, Paysage d'Hiver, Nocternity, Sear Bliss, Sort Vokter, Striborg, Summoning, Sun Of The Sleepless, Sunchariot, Taake, Temnozor, Ashen Light, Ulver, Vinterland, Vreid, Vlad Tepes, and Wyrd.

Yeah, I love black metal.

I don't think so, sorry. Just download it on Soulseek or something. Jeraspunta is best listened to as a whole - it's almost like a neurotic experience.