Favorite Black Metal Band!!!

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
My favorite black metal bands inclue, emperor, immortal, naglfar, marduk, and windir. Are their any others that are worth checking out?

I'm not really that much into black metal, but my favorite black metal band is Immortal. Not as good, but worth checking out are Dark Throne, Burzum, Abigor, Mayhem, and Satyricon. I would say Dissection is my favorite black metal band, but I do not consider them pure black metal.

Black metal is my favourite metal genre, so I can't just pick ONE favourite band. All these bands rock:

Emperor, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Borknagar, Satyricon, Aeternus (black/death), Arcturus (at least their first record is black metal), Carpathian Forest, Dimmu Borgir, Einherjer (viking/black), Enslaved, Forlorn, Gehenna, Immortal, Limbonic Art, Old Man's Child, Ragnarok, Tristania (ok, perhaps more gothic metal, but hey), Ulver ("Vargnatt", "Bergtatt" and "Nattens Madrigal"), Windir og Zyklon (black/death)

You could argue that some of these aren't black:

Emperor
Dissection
Naglfar
Mayhem
Anaal Nathrakh
Enslaved
Satyricon
Immortal
Ulver
Ancalagon
Rotting Christ

yeah anaal nathrakh, whilst they may have a very cold and evil sound to them, i wouldnt really class them as proper black metal, more sorta i dunno, black/grind? *shrug* did rotting christ used to be black metal? ive only got the album "genesis" which i believe is their newest one

Ragnarok has about 3 songs I like, cause thats all I heard from them, And I like about 1 Marduk song, other than that I dont listen to Black Metal, not my thing

Morbid angel was the first time I was really exposed to black metal(Covenant).I always liked the album but it was a few years after discovering that band that I really got into bands like;
Old Man's Child
Naglfar
Borknagar
Dimmu Borgir
ect..
Does anyone have the Dimmu Borgir dvd collection with the limited edition 6-track bonus disc(World Misanthropy Bonus cd)..Man,Devils Path2000 and Masses For The New Messiah are brutal and at the same time really melodic,everything just sounds like top-rate black(death)metal music from the vicious vocals to the inhuman drumming of Nicholas,I still think Mustis did a really good job on the synths(as many of his Harmony's are constantly running through my head...Not to mention the great performances they put on for that tour.