Looking for new bands... Black/atmospheric

strings255

New Metal Member
Oct 17, 2013
I've always liked folk/viking metal, but oddly enough my favourite bands are Windir and Summoning which are more black metal which I don't know much in that genre. I've enjoyed Emperor, getting into more Bathory and occasionally check out random bands such as immortal, mayhem, satyricon, darkthrone... can't seem to get into those bands. Although I'm enjoying some from drudkh, kampfar, taake to an extent.

Any recommendations? Album suggestions from above bands?

Cheers.

Check out Dalla Nebbia. It's atmospheric black metal, with some progressive influence. Debut full length was released today, and actually has a Windir cover song on it.

http://dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

Here are a few of more of my favorite hugely atmospheric black metal albums that you may or may not know:

Limbonic Art- Moon in the Scorpio
Lunar Aurora- Andacht
Blut Aus Nord- Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With the Stars
Nightbringer- Hierophany of the Open Grave
Negura Bunget- Om

I find a lot of atmospheric black metal is hard to get into. Try out Wolves in the Throne Room and Darkspace. Lustre is always a band that keeps coming up when im looking around youtube for something new but ive never given them a proper listen. They dont sound too bad though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should definitely check out Sabbat for their album The Dwelling! It only has one song on it called Melody of the death mask but its 59 minutes long and entertaining the whole way through. Eerily beautiful and full of atmosphere a true masterpiece.

I think you might love Angantyr.

And you're right! Thanks for the mention.

Thanks all for the recommendations, still gradually listening to these bands. Quite overwhelming with all these bands to explore which is exactly what I needed:)

One of the best bands in the atmospheric-bm genre:

Negură Bunget

:worship:

Last edited by a moderator: