My Favorite Personal Recorded Metal Rhythm To Date (Clip Inside)

gibson5413

May 25, 2005
I am really pleased with the metal rhythm tone I dialed in and even happier that it recorded how I hear it in the room. I'm loving this Mark IV more and more every day. No boost was used and it was recorded at low volumes.

I just posted a really quick clip for you all to check out. Tell me what you think!

I know that everyone has their preferences but it hit me right. Funny thing was that this was really a spare of the moment clip. I was literally playing with the knobs, liked what I heard and hit record over a backing track I made.

BTW, it is Holy Diver. Turn it up loud!

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/93-Holy Diver (short).mp3

Wow, sounds killer man - I'd really like more mids in there, but it's got fantastic potential, and nice choice of cabs! :D

Wow, sounds killer man - I'd really like more mids in there, but it's got fantastic potential, and nice choice of cabs! :D

Thanks! I was pretty pleased with this. I will have to play with the mids and see where it takes me. The Bogner 2x12 Oversized cab with V30s is a match made in heaven with my Mark IV.

That sounds sweet! What post processing did you do, anything?? What mics did you you use? And what are your settings...love your sound!

Here is my recording chain:

Schecter Hellraiser -> Sennheiser e609 & Shure 57 -> Bogner Oversized 2x12 with V30s -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV -> M-Audio Mobile PRE USB -> N-Track 5. No post editing, mastering or EQ on that clip. It was purely a plug and play clip. I will post amp settings tonight.

Sounds really good. That sounds like quite a bit of gain for it being unboosted. Well played.

The amp gain was set to 7 on both the Lead Drive and Lead Gain knobs. A setting of 7 is not very high for the Mark IV. The gain on this amp is very usable at higher levels without getting mushy. The amp has more of a vintage type high gain then its modern sounding counterparts.

Thanks! I was pretty pleased with this. I will have to play with the mids and see where it takes me. The Bogner 2x12 Oversized cab with V30s is a match made in heaven with my Mark IV.

Kickass dude, I know I love mine with my JSx! (haven't yet had the pleasure of playing a Mark IV through it, or at all, sadly :erk:)