My female-fronted prog-metal band!

katie saunders

New Metal Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey guys! My name's Katie Saunders, I'm vocalist and keyboard player(and college tutor at Vocaltech, London), and I write with guitarist, Martin Bell (also with the band, Demagogue) . We live in West London and have been writing together for eight months, a relationship born out of our love for bands such as Dream Theater, Opeth and bizarrely, King Diamond! With the help of our friends, the beautiful thrash-guitar princess, Federica Gialanze, Bassist Mark Harrington and drummer, Tristan Duval, we will be doing the final recording of the album this summer. We're currently whoring ourselves as musicians until we can afford to pay for the new equipment!
Our music is heavily influenced by proggy bands such as the Theater themselves, Opeth, Planet X, Exodus, Cathedral, Tool, Carcass, Dimmu Borgir and Ozric Tentacles but with more sublime influences such as Anathema, Portishead and Tori Amos. This has been a really exciting project for us and we would soooo appreciate some feedback on our two tracks, 'The Trip' and 'Mother Goddess'(anyone heard of MK Ultra?) which you can find on
http://www.download.com/slavenation

'The Trip' is the special baby of our tracks as it was the first to be written, taking four weeks and was used for my degree project. It goes through a series of emotions as well as time signatures and is quintessential Slave Nation! 'Mother Goddess' is more thrash influenced with catchy funk bass lines and Carmina Burana meets Dance meets Russell Allen/James LaBrie-stylee vocals!!!

The drums are programmed at the moment as these are just guide tracks for now, we live in London so we can barely afford toilet roll let alone save up for a Carillon to record our album with!! Mum keeps playing the lottery despite the fact I've told her on numerous occasions that she's being swindled but she's sure it's going to be any day now! If you fancy dropping us a line, contact us slavenation@hotmail.com take it easy, brothers and sisters of metal!!!! lots of love, Katie xxxx :wave: