My First 5150 recording. More melodeath

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Decided to record my new 5150 now that I repaired, retubed (pretubes) and fixed with a bias mod. Wrote a quick tune tat wasn't suppossed to sound good but caught my attention after I added the orchestras.

Not really a whole band mix, I just did it to see how my first go at micing an amp would turn out. So this is a guitar tone mix.

I know the drums sound like something out of a dethklok episode, they are just a filler atm, i will work on them later.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7505260

what did you used for the orchestra?

MOTU Symphonic Instrument

Sounds great! What tubes have your 5150? and what bias mod (mA)?

JJ ECC83s, one balanced for the phase inverter. Not to bash but everyone that uses brighter tubes i find the tone is usually to edgy and brittle and complain that JJ's are too dark. They are wamer, have a better mid complexity, they actaully tame the 5150 fizz without a bias mod needed. Still running the 6L6WXT+ that came with it, actaully one is a WTX and 3 of them a WXT+. The previous owner wasn;lt all that smart, I found the pre tubes were al GT 12AT7's :puke:. Against most requests I got the JJs to replace them and they were :headbang:.

I have it biased at 70% which if your plate voltage is 500 then 42mA is 70%, which is wherer I have it set. Did the mod myself, pretty easy stuff for anyone thinking about doing it.