New Mix/Master - Metal Overload's band (5150, LSD Snare, melodeath)

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
Hey guys, been a while since I posted a new mix.

Finally got the word from Antonio (Metal Overload) to post this mix for his band's new song.

Solitude - Punitive Pride (first song on the player)

It's a final mix, so unless it's completely fux0red to you guys it's staying how it is!

Quite liking the guitar tone I got on this - 81 reamped through my OD808+NS-2+5150+Oversized cab, single 57 into an SCA N72 preamp/FF800 for conversion (sooo lush!).

Antonio will have to fill you guys in on the rest of the tracking!

Gotta give credits to Skinny Viking for that kick ass intro.

As far for Tracking details well i could give some info, but we have studio diary videos that i already posted here hehe.

Lolzgreg approves of this mix.

The music is awesome, the mix is awesome, great tones all around.

My only gripe with this mix, is a bit of harshness in the vocals, and the snare is a bit overcompressed, otherwise it's tits.

I'd also check the high end on the high hats. It can get a bit out of control during the section at 3:48- catching my ear more than it should.

Didn't the guys record the guitars allready? ...think I saw an 5150 or something in the video he posted....

Guitars = Sex
It has everything I like about a guitarsound, awesome man!
Drums are a bit low imo, but overall the mix seems very balanced.
Great song also Antonio :headbang:

wow ... awesome job all around guys. Really cool to hear this fully mixed

glad you guys were happy with the intro Antonio:headbang:

I agree with Kimon in that just a touch of delay or verb on those lead parts would sweeten it up but other than that I really like the overall sound of everything

Thanks guys, glad you guys dig the song, we are extremely satisfied with Jeff`s work, he rules!!

Mago we did use a 5150 and an Avatar cabinet, but we also got DI´s, so Jeff took those to make this awesome guitar tone!!.

More thoughts will be appreciated ;).