My First Dark Tranquillity CD...PROJECTOR

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
The selection of Dark Tranquillity CD's wasn't all that great (there were only three CD's), so I basically picked any one. For some reason, this one looked the coolest. It was PROJECTOR.

This is my first taste of Dark Tranquillity, and it's a delicious taste indeed! Excellent songs that immediately grow on you. But, I am big on Swedish metal (Opeth, In Flames, Arch Enemy), so I figured I would connect immediately.

My favourite songs on this CD would probably be the excellent ballad "Auctioned" and "Nether Novas." But the album as a whole is very strong. And on a side note, the singer of this band has such an awesome voice. Whether some people think he's a great singer or not, the sound of his vocals are warm and emotional. I love it.

Thanks again for helping me out, guys, though I wasn't able to get the picks you suggested. That will come later.

*cathes the rainbow*
:heh: Buahahaha
Mine. All MIIIIIINE.
*waits for Ben to steal it.* :rolleyes:

@Mr. Overlord: Warm and emotional he? ..Yeah..
However, to generalize Swedish metal like that, does hurt a bit.. :erk: (even DT isn't all that.. generalizable, the albums differ too much, imo) Mikael is a great singer, yes..

The Grand Wazoo said:
*cathes the rainbow*
:heh: Buahahaha
Mine. All MIIIIIINE.
*waits for Ben to steal it.* :rolleyes:

@Mr. Overlord: Warm and emotional he? ..Yeah..
However, to generalize Swedish metal like that, does hurt a bit.. :erk: (even DT isn't all that.. generalizable, the albums differ too much, imo) Mikael is a great singer, yes..

Wow!!! I'm impressed with your rainbow-catching skills!

Were you on the New Rainbow Rounderupers?

And I'm not trying to generalize Swedish metal like that. I meant Mikael's voice is warm and emotional. The music itself is very grand.

And the other bands I mentioned don't sound like Dark Tranquillity. Opeth has more of a haunting, epic feel to their music. In Flames are all over the map, but the Gothenburg Years were more space metal with outstanding melodic guitars. Probably my favourite guitar sound comes from In Flames. And Arch Enemy are the more brutal of the group.

Reactions: The Grand Wazoo
These are the albums that I found in their discography...

SKYDANCER
OF CHAOS AND ETERNAL NIGHT
THE GALLERY
ENTER SUICIDAL ANGELS
THE MIND'S I
PROJECTOR (That's me! I HAVE IT!!! YAH!)
SKYDANCE/CHAOS (U.S. Reissue...this would be good to get, I suppose)
HAVEN
DAMAGE DONE (Both HAVEN and DAMAGE DONE were on the shelves...maybe I should just get both? :D )

I would go for Damage Done... Projector or Haven would be my least favorite DT album..... But some of Projector is great, some of it just isn't as good as the rest of DT's music...

Steve

The OL SKOO fans would say so, yes. As I see it, Skydancer and Projector share the top of the heap.

Yeah, get The Gallery, definitely.

Skydancer has that stuff too, but I like the sparse quality to some of the album's slower songs.