My first EZdrummer song!

006, it's a VSTi, much like DFHS. It does feature an internal mixer, but has the capability of routing individual channels to the DAW nonetheless, you can do whatever you want to them once there, just like with DFHS. EZ has a "bleed control" option for certain tracks (overheads, snare) that consists of a simple ON/OFF toggle, a global velocity dial and a "humanize" feature - all feats from the very bottom of DFHS' feature list ... that's about it really, it's a very straight-to-the-point and easy to use drum sampler.
Why would you buy an EZDrummer if you have DFHS?
Because of the mighty salsa add-on dubbed "Cocktail" of course! :Smokin:

KnifeVariable said:
Because of the mighty salsa add-on dubbed "Cocktail" of course!

Exactly.

Actually no I just wanted something smaller on my PowerBook for when I have ideas. Plus it'll free up 30-something gigs off my internal drive. I really want to just use my PowerBook for the live recording gigs and for song ideas. And then port things over to my G5 at home when I want to get down to business, yanno?

~e.a

I think you'll be more than happy with EZ drummer :) I haven't seen anyone being unhappy with it. Sure, it doesn't have a million features but you can combine it with other plugins and if need be use something else for the cymbals/etc. Then again you might just as well settle with what it offers, it will save you time and it will do just fine. Personally, I think the humanize function has a few flaws (being too random) but when you turn it off and use Cubase's random velocities (say from 95 to 115) everything's great(you could always fine tune the velocities on specific hits).

elephant-audio said:
Exactly.

Actually no I just wanted something smaller on my PowerBook for when I have ideas. Plus it'll free up 30-something gigs off my internal drive. I really want to just use my PowerBook for the live recording gigs and for song ideas. And then port things over to my G5 at home when I want to get down to business, yanno?

~e.a

If you're just looking for a small program to throw down ideas, you might want to check out Acoustica Beatcraft. It's certainly no match for the other programs in terms of sample quality, but it's very quick and easy to use to put together arrangements. I'm still using the hell out of it even though I have DFH2. I'll share out the program when I get home if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Oh yeah, killer song by the way Ronnie! Awesome all the way around!:headbang:

would you mind posting that guitar patch? I can't seem to get the same sound using that screenshot.