My first full production, mix and master

Mm1066

Mediocre metal maker
Dec 18, 2010
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hey Sneapsters, I just finished my bands debut album, and we've just put out a little teaser for it on SoundCloud. Would love to get some feedback :) Everything was recorded in Logic v8 and X. Used Metric Halo 3 on almost everything. Guitars engineered by Teddyboy, drums edited by JeffTD. [soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/embodimentofficial/embodiment-album-teaser[/soundcloud]

Edit:

Full song up here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it sounds good, pretty nice production and I love the sounds of everything.

Tell me, are the musicians really playing those parts, or is that slick editing?

I think it sounds good, pretty nice production and I love the sounds of everything. Tell me, are the musicians really playing those parts, or is that slick editing?

Thanks man :)

Yeah it's all played, obviously it's had edits but it's not done because it can't be played in reality, it's done just because that's the sound we're going for.

Thanks man :)

Yeah it's all played, obviously it's had edits but it's not done because it can't be played in reality, it's done just because that's the sound we're going for.

Definitely not a style I am use to, but sounds very cool!

Sounds great. Can you share the guitar chain and what kind of post processing you did to it?

Gtrs were:

Ltd mh-1000nt > Maxon Od 8 > 6505+ > Mesa oversized 4x12 (unsure on all details as I didn't amp these)

Chain was pretty simple ITB, Logic EQ, Waves c4. Multi banded the lows, did some notching, and high shelf for air.

Bass was Fender VM Jazz bass with pro steels > Pod farm, logic eq, waves c4

Vocals were Sm7b into a focusrite pre, not much eq in the mix if any at all, just used the pre, desk and the presence boost on the mic itself.

List of drum mics:

Senheiser e604's toms
Sm57 snare
At pro 25
Rode nt1-a pair stereo room
Neumann Tlm 102/p48 hihat
E614
At4033a
Electro voice re20

Can't remember exactly what was used on what besides what I've got up here.

Hope it helps!