My first Hypocrisy cd...

Aug 16, 2002
Richmond, Va
Visit site
I was in a local record shop the other day, browsing through the used cd's, and I came upon Hypocrisy - The Final Chapter. I had heard really good things about these guys, but since I had never heard them before, I was a little weary about getting the cd. But, I decided to take a chance, and am I glad I did. This cd is fucking awesome. There is no better feeling than picking up a cd that you have never heard before which has the potential to suck total ass but turns out to be amazing. The more I listen to this album, the more I fall in love with it.
headbob.gif

Peter's comes up with some of the sickest lyrics in death metal history (second to the all might John Tardy of Obituary, of course). I don't know what the fuck you've been smoking... but it sounds like cock... No offense.

inverted_One said:
Peter's comes up with some of the sickest lyrics in death metal history (second to the all might John Tardy of Obituary, of course). I don't know what the fuck you've been smoking... but it sounds like cock... No offense.
ever heard of chris barnes? :D²³²³

btw, TFC was my first album too, followed by ABDUCTED and 4TH DIMENSION :Spin:

My first one was Abducted...actually it was Destroys Wacken, but Abducted is the one that I ran to after I discovered Roswell 47. That's still one of the coolest metal songs of all time, whether it be death/black/speed/thrash/classic, or whatever.

there aint no bad hypochrisy album...you kust got to have them all...either you discovered them today or 12 years ago...it doesnt matter, listening to it is like coming home every time...and dont forget that michael does a real good job to he`s definately one of my favourit bassplayers ever.. and lars does a good job behind the drums to...and they all write good music..

Abducted for me. Still a killer album in rotation in my stereo. Chris Barnes Lyrics crack me up by the way. True Carnage is a hilarious album............SNAKES.........

VilenesS said:
ever heard of chris barnes? :D²³²³

btw, TFC was my first album too, followed by ABDUCTED and 4TH DIMENSION :Spin:

Yeah, gotta love Chris...

Never-ending violent killings
Young and helpless
Unborn tortured - knives stuck in her
Cut up and fucked

Strapped to the table
My tools are sharpened
I hear you now screaming
My work just beginning
waiting for decay!!!

Slayer lyrics are still the best though.

My first Hypocrisy purchase was the debut Penetralia when it came out in 92. This was back when Nuclear Blast released 95% of good shit, so I didn't have to stand and think it over. Been a fan of theirs ever since.

My first Hypocrisy cd was the Maximum Abducted shaped mini-single. I'd heard the song The Abyss on Death is Just the Beginning 3 and Roswell on Death 4, so I started looking for Hypocrisy albums. Maximum Abducted was the first cd I could find by them. My first full length album was Abducted... and I've been hooked ever since.

Heck, I even did a report on Hypocrisy in one of my literature classes at college. The look on people's faces was priceless when I played Request Denied to the class. :D

i got into them by chance also. a friend of mine had Destroy Wacken Live and i burnt it just on the off chance that i would like the guys. DID I EVER! i rushed out and got the only cd in my local store of the guys, Catch-22 and fell even more in love with teh guys. now my quest is the back catalogue!