My first mixing project (Another Mask - Deposition)

@MetalMiller
Sounds good, man. There was something cool octaver-like going on with vocals at some part, I liked it! Y U No backing vocals tracks?

@Habsburgs
Nice! What drums are those? They sound ridiculously cool, despite the METALNESS. Is reverse dynamics becoming a new local meme with all the latest BMTH?

@Dollarosa
I really dig the flyby effect in the chorus of Guided Missiles!
Overall sound is too dry for me. Maybe just because I've got used to my mix that has delays and reverbs all over the place. Snare definitely could use more reverb during verses.

If anyone is interested in gear
Guitars:
- Fender Telecaster Scorpio with some DiMarzio pickup for most rhythm parts
- Schecter Tempest with stock pickups for leads
- Sandberg california P-bass, probably stock too

Equipment:
- Custom built 30W Orange Rockeverb clone (with Ibanez Turbo Tubescreamer in the input) for everything, even the bass went through it for the distorted track
- Yerasov 1x12 Bull closed back cab with V30 speaker (manufacturer calls it a rectifier cab clone)
- Really beat-up SM58 (edge of the speaker dust cap)
- Oktava MK-220 multi-pattern LDC mic (more towards the cone edge on the guitar cab and main vocal mic)
- Focusrite Saffire LE

Some recording videos are on our channel:
http://youtube.com/anothermasktube

@Habsburgs
Nice! What drums are those? They sound ridiculously cool, despite the METALNESS. Is reverse dynamics becoming a new local meme with all the latest BMTH?

drums are steven slate. Trying to get that annoying over the top snare used by many :lol:
example

Last edited by a moderator:
Admittedly this is ridiculously cheeky.......
But is there any chance of putting up raws for the whole album? I could seriously do with some practice getting an album's worth of mixes to sound similar

Awesome album though dude!