my first on the forum...

Yeah I didn't mean that as an insult, It's just what I associate with that particular type of snare sound. It sounds like the snares aren't on or something. It's just listening to this song that's all I could focus on instantly. I'd definitely fuck with it some more to give it more of the snap cracckle pop rice crispies factor that a good snare needs.

Yeah. That's actually what I want to work on now. I'm going to replace them with 100% with Andy's Kick and Snare samples. I'll have that done sometime this weekend, hopefully. The only draw-back is that I don't have Sound Replacer here at the house, so I'll have to hunt down something else usable. Anyone have any suggestions on that? I have Structure Free, but I've never used it. Don't even know if it will perform this particular task.

Doesn't look like apTrigga will cut it guys. I don't have a VST/RTAS Wrapper for my home setup yet. Just have to take the mix over to the studio at some point and use Sound Replacer or Drumagog there. Oh well... Let's concentrate on everything but the Kick and Snare for now. Any comments to add on guitars, bass, toms, OHs, etc.?

The guitar playing is excellent, but the tone needs some serious work.

What was the amp/cab/mic/signal chain?

Gibson '67 Reissue w/ JB bridge-

2 tracks of Madison Divinity/Marshall 1960A - 75w Celestions/SM57/dbx 586 preamp/Pro Tools HD/Panned 100%

2 tracks of Marshall JVM/Marshall 1960BV - V30's/SM57/dbx 586 preamp/Pro Tools HD/Panned 80%

+ DI's for Reamping

Gibson '67 Reissue w/ JB bridge-

2 tracks of Madison Divinity/Marshall 1960A - 75w Celestions/SM57/dbx 586 preamp/Pro Tools HD/Panned 100%

2 tracks of Marshall JVM/Marshall 1960BV - V30's/SM57/dbx 586 preamp/Pro Tools HD/Panned 80%

+ DI's for Reamping

Ok, cool. If you've got reamp capability, try this:

Put the Divinity thru the Marshall BV, as well as your 6505 (think you mentioned you had one) for the other 2 tracks. Then run the fills/leads thru the JVM/1960A. You'll get a fatter rhythm tone & the leads will jump out nicely.

BTW, you might want to trade that BV in for a Mesa standard. Huge improvement in tone... ...I had the same & never regretted the switch.

-0z-

Ok, cool. If you've got reamp capability, try this:

Put the Divinity thru the Marshall BV, as well as your 6505 (think you mentioned you had one) for the other 2 tracks. Then run the fills/leads thru the JVM/1960A. You'll get a fatter rhythm tone & the leads will jump out nicely.

BTW, you might want to trade that BV in for a Mesa standard. Huge improvement in tone... ...I had the same & never regretted the switch.

-0z-

Okay... I don't have the 6505 yet. That's next in line though. The BV cab belongs to Cory (owns the Studio), but I DO have access almost anytime to a friend's Mesa cab. Unfortunately, we haven't gotten into reamping yet. Neither of us (Cory or Myself) have ever done it. I just did the DI's in case they needed to be reamped, I could have it done. The leads are NOT DI-ed, because we did them way later and really got a great tone from the amps. They were done through the Madison(My solos) and the JVM(Wes' solos), with the 1960BV. I don't really have very much EQ on the leads yet, either. Really, I've been working more on the Rhythm Guitars and the Bass tone.

everything sound really nice, except the bass, need some serious work i think, but is probably due to the playing, doesn´t fit the tone. is the bass drum and snare totally replaced?? maybe some 50/50, would be nice

Extraordiary guitar playing, there is almost nothing wrong with this mix.
Each instrument can be heard clearly in the mix with no overlap between instruments.
The only one thing that I would say is that the guitar solo sections with those
excellent squeals could be raised in level just the smallest amount.

Extraordiary guitar playing, there is almost nothing wrong with this mix.
Each instrument can be heard clearly in the mix with no overlap between instruments.
The only one thing that I would say is that the guitar solo sections with those
excellent squeals could be raised in level just the smallest amount.

Thanks man... still... it's actually a pretty rough mix for my standards. But, I'm glad you like it. I'll be posting the final once I finish it.