My first rate my mix post.

www.soundclick.com/magnolia

First and only song "January Jones"

For those who dont know how to use sound click(i just learned today) click FULL next to the song, then hi-fi to play.

Guitar: Gibson Explorer with Zakk Wylde EMG set - Peavey JSX direct out + impulses, Clean Guitar is a PRS standard SE, SOLO - Ibanez rga

Bass - Ibanez SR505 - SWR solid state head - ampeg 8x10 - 57/d112/subkick

Drums - Slate kick 1b, snare 11(maybe), fat toms

cymbals - just random single hits ive downloaded from the forum they dont sound good at all, but i made drum kit.

How i recorded the drums was i set up a 57 on a piece of rubber and had it set up monitor with trigger the drum i was playing when i hit the rubber with a drum stick and played every drum singularly then strip the silence and auto correct them to the grid. took a hell of alot of time *do note this is only a demo and just testing out some stuff but none the less

What do you guys think of the tones/mix/song its self?

i would get a real drummer to program these parts or something. The song is really lacking because you can tell there is not any energy in the drums because a drummer would never play what is programmed. Its too..... weird i guess. More realistic drum programming!

Well do you mean first post or first mix ? Because if it's a first mix than it's pretty impressive, good job overall, you can only get better but you started well ^^

think he mean its his first post up for rating / advice.

yeah this, i started getting into production about maybe a year ago. my dad owns a live sound company/used to record bands way back so he kinda helped me get into it, my first project was my bands old EP, which i mixed.. which was terrible, but alright considering i had never mixed or attempted mixing anything before and that the whole thing was recorded/mixed in 5 days lol. i then mixed an indie rock project with my friend which turned out.. much better. and recently i just tracked a full album for a kind of 70s psychedelic rock band just all friends of mine nothing big.

but yeah this is my first like metal mix where i actually took the time to record to a click, and record guitar to the drums instead of the opposite. and my first time using impulses/ direct out of my amp.

a drummer would never play what is programmed. Its too..... weird i guess. More realistic drum programming!

do you mean he would never play those beats? or what like i know its pretty bad and unrealistic. i think it still sounds like a beat you can tap your foot to though. theres some fills that sound really unrealistic, but its fucking impossible to program/record fills the way i do it. i have to record the entire fill playing the snare then cut it up and move it to the tom/cymbal fx tracks. but deff thanks for the tip i shall attempt to make them sound more realistic.

and thanks for checking it out guys it means a lot to me! :D