My first try with Recabinet impulses. Please rate!

LOL that analogy made me laugh really hard AudioPhile, lol. However, it's not as bad as you make it out to be, c'mon. They are very clear IMO, but they could be brighter. I think it's the drums in contrast that make the guitars seem a little muffled. So you can either brighten the guitars, or dull the drums down a bit. I would opt to brighten the guitars though, but I like hi-fi production so...

~006

Thanks, I've been working on it, but so far, no luck. I tried making some tweaks in my POD and it's either too fizzy or too dark like this one. I've already got the treblen on like 90% of an already bright model (Diamondplate). I think I need to do some post-eq'ing? I'm gonna keep working on it, but thanks for the interest!

Overall you've got a nice clear mix, but the snare is a little distracting. A little more snap and a reduction in level would help it. The guitars sound pretty damn good I'd say.

Dual-tracked, it's the Ghandi, 6L6 57 cap grill. Maybe I should try the i5 for the added high-end. It's a POD XT with the Diamondplate model.

Will give it a try tonight, thanks!
i was going to suggest that too, mix the 2 impulses

Thank you, Temps! Yeah, I definitely hear what you're saying about the snare... working on it!

Zuranthus, do you still think they're dark on the second clip?

i dont like the snare but men i love that kick
guitars sound really good
BASS...PLEASE tell me the equipment/settings/processing

Thank you!

Bass was my LTD F-205 with EMG HZ pickups. Then it went thru my POD XT (Big Bottom model boosted with Bass OD stomp, compression, and no cab sim, I can upload the patch if you want), then thru an Ampeg 8x10 impulse I think I got from somewhere around this forum then thru an EQ that boosted the lows a little. I don't remember if I compressed the lows, but I think I did.

Thank you, Temps! Yeah, I definitely hear what you're saying about the snare... working on it!

Zuranthus, do you still think they're dark on the second clip?
eh, i don't know...i think you should stick with the first one, the guitars are clear in both, maybe if you want to add vocals to it i'd consider the second

Thank you!

Bass was my LTD F-205 with EMG HZ pickups. Then it went thru my POD XT (Big Bottom model boosted with Bass OD stomp, compression, and no cab sim, I can upload the patch if you want), then thru an Ampeg 8x10 impulse I think I got from somewhere around this forum then thru an EQ that boosted the lows a little. I don't remember if I compressed the lows, but I think I did.

upload that preset!!!! presets are always welcome
thanks dude!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/315457/Rec Bass.l6t this is the bass preset! :)

Zuranthus, I think I dialed in a better tone using the Damien cab AND the patch from the first clip... I was gonna upload it, but GarageBand is acting weird right now, so when I export, it clips for some reason. I'll give it a try in a few more minutes see if it works.