My graphics card died.

Flow Of Time

Oct 6, 2012
So my graphics card died this weekend. Any advice to fasten the return procedure? I have work to do, and the reseller told me it'll take 2-4 weeks to repair the card...

It's a 7 months old Gigabyte card by the way.

Ask for replacement while they are repairing yours.

And which motherboard & CPU you have? One of those might have a graphics card integrated in it.

Thanks, I'll try that.
Unfortunately I don't have an integrated GPU, thought I'd never needed one...

Ok, FUCK gigabyte. I asked them if they could give me a replacemet card or something, and all I got was a "sorry , there's nothing we can do for you"!

I have a few old cards lying around here, but I'd bet they won't work with my hackintosh...

Well that's wierd now: I let it alone for about a week and it works again… No clue how long it'll last though

Ok it's dead again… BUT I just tried if my old GTX680TI works too, and it does :) From time to time the screen stays black after booting, but a restart or 2 fixes that, so that should be good enough

This whole thing is starting to get a real pain in the ass.
First I noticed, that the retailer didn't give me an original box with the card, beacause I bought it already assembled with my new PC.
So I had to package it safely myself. I had to waste a shitload of toilet paper for the padding. The guy receiving that package will be armed for an all you can eat at his favourite mexican restaurant!

After I packaged everything I went to the retailers website, and it said that I have to pay for the shipping... Are they shitting me?
I'll contact Gigabyte directly tomorrow, but I honestly don't expect that they'll be helpful in any way...