My Greatest Thanks and Deepest Sympathies to Anthrax!

I plan on e-mailing this to the rest of the group, but all in all, this is an open letter.

Dear Joey, Scott, Charlie, Frank, John, and Donny (Respectively):

I want to say that I can't wait to see you all on tour this summer! You guys kick so much ass... it's... it's just incredible! "Spreading the Disease", "Among the Living"... I just love these albums! I'm trying to get "State of Euphoria" and "Persistant of Time". I've gotten a few greatest hits, and from what I've heard, they're just AMAZING titles! I also want to say that about 1 year ago as of April 2nd, you guys... you stopped me from doing something stupid.

Dave Mustaine of Megadeth will back this up. On that day, I was attacked by my father. I... I couldn't believe how bad it was. There was a lot going on in my life, I was 19, I had to live on my own, and he just... he just wasn't going to be a good father. So after he left and Dave called the cops for me, I had to do something. I had to get the hell out of my house. I was so scared and confused! I didn't know what to do! But one thing kept going through my head when it was done: "Now get the hell outta my house! Can't stand it for another day! I Don't wanna live my life this way! Cold sweat, my fists are clinching. Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! The idiot convention!" Well, you know the rest.

I proceeded to pack up what I needed since I was staying at someone else's house for the night. But as I was doing that, I started playing that song as loud as I could! If I hadn't heard it, if I never bought that album... I... I don't know what I would have done. I may have done something else instead of staying strong. I may have just given up. But I didn't, and I think your song helped me a lot.

With that said, I want to mention I was also a giant fan of John Bush' work with you guys! I friggin' love "Sound of White Noise", and I bought that about a week later. The album kept me going, and still does today. And for that, I am eternally greatful!

But I want to say I am very sorry to hear so many of your fans are going nuts about this reunion. And I don't mean in a good way, but in the sense that they don't know how good they're about to get it. You have always been one of my favorite bands. Joey Belladonna, John Bush? I love you both! You both kick serious ass in your respective vocals, and I think that's something too many people, especially fans, seem to neglect. I hate seeing everyone whine about the changes. I think it's a bit selfish of them. They have just been given the chance to see a re-birth of a classic line-up, and to see the band in a way few thought it was possible. I know Scott has been vocal about ho he was afraid it may not work, but I'm glad to see it was easy for all of you!

This tour is going to rock! You guys rock! Every Anthrax album I've bought, and have yet to bough, rocks! I can't wait to see you guys on the road, and to see what the future holds for Anthrax! Keep up the great work, both musically and socially! Best of luck stopping the rebirth of Gulf War Syndrome! Also, give my best to all your families, especially John! I know he must want to spend some more time with his kids, and I'm glad this gives him the chance!

Keep the Metal Alive!
-Larry West

Larry - YOU FUCKN LEGEND! Such maturity for one so young. Like Darby said - break the chain man.

Ya know for once I am proud to say I am a member of this board again given all the shit of late on here. All you new posters and old posters causing shit, read this and see a Fine Anthrax fan in FULL CRY!

Larry you actually made my day with that post!

Larry that was a brave thing you did sharing that story with us, Anthrax has helped me get through many problems in life as well. And even if this may be temparary, I'm really glad these guys were able to regroup once again for the new generation of metalheads here.

LuvataciousSkull said:
Hey, I'm glad everyone dug the letter. It really did come from the heart. :)

The letter is great Dawg!

That's pretty much how I feel bout the reunion, and John and Joey. Anthrax is a good model for life in the sense that they NEVER give up, and the wheels just keep turning so why not continue to turn with them! :worship:

Glad to hear that Anthrax has been a inspiration 2 U as well.

AugDawg