My Home Theater Room

Anakinnnn

Dec 5, 2003
Visit site
Hey All,
I know I don't post very often anymore but I do still lurk around when I can. ;)

A lot of you around here know who I am in real life through ProgPower and even though I don't get to attend this year, I am sure you guys haven't seen the last of me at that event.

So anyways, I run a youtube channel about gaming but recently I made a video about my home theater room and a large part of the room has to do with my CD collection for all of my prog-metal collected over the years.

I thought I would share it here for fun since I have mentioned it to some of you before.

http://youtu.be/68tbrBS3nv4

Thanks for watching!
Anakinnnn
Jason

Great setup. You obviously put a lot of thought and money into this room. I would hate to leave it behind ... but I guess you have a new opportunity to start again in the new house. However, as you know better than I, kids are a major expense and lifestyle change.

As for the room and setup, it's cool how you hide the various cabinets, electronics and CDs. I am not sure I would spend the time doing it but it does look nice and clean. I tend to be more function minded and luckily have a spouse who is not overly critical of the cosmetics such as wires, CDs and prominent speakers. I also prefer bipolar speakers and larger speakers. It doesn’t have to be a large cabinet. But the speaker size makes a big difference for my music. So by design, the bipolar speakers have to be placed out from the wall and have clear space around them. As for the components, I use a simple open stand on wheels. So good venation but not prettiest piece of furniture.

How do you keep all the electronics vented and cooled behind the enclosures?

Hey All,
I know I don't post very often anymore but I do still lurk around when I can. ;)

A lot of you around here know who I am in real life through ProgPower and even though I don't get to attend this year, I am sure you guys haven't seen the last of me at that event.

So anyways, I run a youtube channel about gaming but recently I made a video about my home theater room and a large part of the room has to do with my CD collection for all of my prog-metal collected over the years.

I thought I would share it here for fun since I have mentioned it to some of you before.

http://youtu.be/68tbrBS3nv4

Thanks for watching!
Anakinnnn
Jason

That is pretty sweet! I love that CD storage though! I know what you mean about having to come up with good storage for CDs.

B&W and Denon are some really nice gear. I also have a Mitsubishi TV (mine is 55 inches), and I just friggan LOVE the picture on that thing.

Just for reference, here are a couple of (albeit dated) pics of my rig:

home-theater-setup.jpg

ht-component-rack.jpg

Christmas-Klipsch003Medium.jpg

This all Klipsch Reference 7 speakers, with dual subwoofers (REL Storm III and Klipsch RW-12d). Using a Denon AVR-3802 as a pre/pro, but the amplification is through a B&K Reference 200.7 seven-channel/200 watts/channel amp. I have a PS/3, and Wii, but never did bother getting an XBox 360.

Needless to say, playing games on this rig is just friggan sick. Not only that, I can certainly let the neighbors know exactly what I am listening to if I really want to. :devil:

I really like how your room is setup. I keep thinking of doing some renovations in the basement and one thought is to do something similar to what you did. I guess I just have to get off my ass and actually DO it! To bad you have to give it all up with the house move, though.

Nice indeed - will be interesting to find out if you do anything with the new place in a similar vain.

Let's be real fellas, "home theater systems" does not do these justice. They shall be referred to from herein as epic mancaves!

That's some nice stuff there. Mine's a bit different. When you come down the basement all you see is my 50" flat screen mounted on the wall. All of the A/V equipment is hidden in an unfinished area behind the TV. You open a door .. all the equipment is there. I basically use a remote to turn all that stuff on and off. All of my speakers (7) - 6 1/2" Sonance) are in the ceiling .. you can see the flat mesh covers, but there's not a wire to be seen in regards to anything and they are a near match for the ceiling color. I have a subwoofer that sits fairly concealed over to the side by my computer setup. It's a really clean look, but obviously not flashy.

Britt

Great setup. You obviously put a lot of thought and money into this room. I would hate to leave it behind ... but I guess you have a new opportunity to start again in the new house. However, as you know better than I, kids are a major expense and lifestyle change.

As for the room and setup, it's cool how you hide the various cabinets, electronics and CDs. I am not sure I would spend the time doing it but it does look nice and clean. I tend to be more function minded and luckily have a spouse who is not overly critical of the cosmetics such as wires, CDs and prominent speakers. I also prefer bipolar speakers and larger speakers. It doesn’t have to be a large cabinet. But the speaker size makes a big difference for my music. So by design, the bipolar speakers have to be placed out from the wall and have clear space around them. As for the components, I use a simple open stand on wheels. So good venation but not prettiest piece of furniture.

How do you keep all the electronics vented and cooled behind the enclosures?

Thanks for watching... yea, kids are certainly making me change a few things in my life, first of which is a different house. So it really is a shame I have to give up this room. Ugh...

As for keeping the electronics cooled and vented, I have a cooling system set up behind the electronics in the lower cabinet that vent to the outside. Plus, the speaker mesh in the front allows the stuff to breathe fairly well. It does get warm in there but I have never had any problems... I hope to try to improve on the design some day at my new house. ;)

Thanks very much for watching.
Anakinnnn

Thanks very much for watching everyone. I had fun designing the room and even more fun sharing it with everyone. I will definitely miss it when I leave to go to the new house on June 9th... but it will be exciting regardless to be in a new house too.

Thanks again for watching.
Anakinnnn
Jason

I empathize - closing on a new house and will be dismantling my mancave tonight and tomorrow. I hope the renters who are moving into my home appreciate the time I spent on wiring the walls for 7.1 Dolby; the soundproofing/acoustic tweaking; the paired dimmer switches for custom lighting; the speaker wire ports for outdoor speakers to feed off the main system...

Now to gut the new basement and start all over again... gives me the screaming heebie-jeebies, know what I mean?