Suggested treatment for my room.

Apr 18, 2006
I have a recording space at home that i use for a live room/control room.It is around 20'x 22'
I have the drums in one corner, a piano in the next corner and the monitoring area across the room from them in the centre of the wall. They are essentially in a triangle. What would be the best way to treat this room?I can draw a diagram if it would help people.
It currently has no treatment and I am thinking about spending some money on it.
What kind of thing would be a good idea?
Bass traps?
Simple acoustic foam?
Many thanks for any replies.
Sam

Sam from N/A?

Its Joe from JMRecording :)

If I were you I would just do some DIY traps using rigid fibreglass that you can buy fromt the Wickes in peterborough, and also buy some fabric dustsheets to cover them. Borrow a sewing machine and sew them up and then put something solid in the back of them to stop them going floppy.

Joe

Ah hey Joe!
Yeh that's exactly what I was thinking of doing, I didn't know if there was a way of just buying something as I don't really have much free time with all my uni work!
Sam

Maybe readybags by ready acoustics, they are $30 each for the bass trap bags, and you just fill them with normal rockwool, I'm pretty convinced rockwool is better than foam.

Joe