Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
Check out my new toy:

matt-and-krank-web.jpg

:headbang:
Sounds great so far. Can't wait to tweak it some more. Here's a short clip I recorded with it last night.

Nice sound, Matt, it's just a bit, hmm, don't know what to say... almost too polished or something... but otherwise it's great. Really nice articulation. HOW I WISH I HAD THIS INSTEAD OF THE METALZONE :D okay sorry for this outbreak...

Forbiddenevil said:
Hi here is my Krank....

Krank_1.jpg

... here are the mics and the cab...

Krank_3.jpg

...and here is the sound ---> download

Wow, really cool sound you've got there... What are the mics? one is sm57 as far as I can tell, but what about the other? Is it some condensor?

Forbiddenevil said:
Both are SM 57!!! Straight throu an Amek Neve 9098 Mic Pre into a RME Fireface 800 into Logic 7.

Interesting... how come you decided to use two? Does it help the sound?

It looks like one is on, and the other is off-axis. Not sure if that's the case, but I'd presume if it were, that it helps blending of direct over more dulled sound. Unless he has 2 different types of speakers in there, in which case the difference would be created through that.

I'm using the Mesa cab as well. I'm enjoying the amp so far, but I haven't been able to get that super-tight sound that Andy posted on the two clips. I want to try playing it through the Krank cab, which I hear makes a huge difference.

So Andy (or anyone else who's tried it), would you say you need to play this head through its matching cab to really get THAT sound?

I hate that cheesy metal grille though...