My Krank Arrived

Matt Smith said:
I'm using the Mesa cab as well. I'm enjoying the amp so far, but I haven't been able to get that super-tight sound that Andy posted on the two clips. I want to try playing it through the Krank cab, which I hear makes a huge difference.

So Andy (or anyone else who's tried it), would you say you need to play this head through its matching cab to really get THAT sound?

I hate that cheesy metal grille though...

I think the MESA cab sounds better than the Krank, in a mix anyway.

Also, the grille looks even cheesier in real life.

Razorjack said:
I think the MESA cab sounds better than the Krank, in a mix anyway.

Interesting. I noticed that Andy used the Mesa cab on the new Nevermore (tracked with Recto + Krank), but I figure that had to do with the Mesa's Vintage 30s being more suited for 7-string/detuned work than anything. That's a non-issue for me, as we only tune down to E flat.

I'd love to play through both cabs side-by-side and see which I prefer.

theres a big difference between the two cabs. On the new Arch Enemy we've just done 2 tracks Boogie into Boogie cab and two tracks Krank through Krank cab, the combination worked great. Definately more scooped through the Eminence.

Krankenstein on its way!!!

Thanks Andy.

By the way, have any of you tried to use the Revolution live? Is it even possible? The loop isn't footswitchable. Anyone know of any amp switcher that will switch the amp's channels via MIDI? I use an Axxess box to switch my Mark IV and Rocktron Intellifex together, but the guy from Axxess said it wouldn't work for the Krank.

I am sorry that I can't tell from personal experience but there are a lot of popular bands who are touring with Krank so it should be possible.