My latest mix (5150 Reamps etc)

Yeh, guitars have a bit too much highmids but sound really good otherwise, and I'm not a huge fan of the drums. They're quite small and overcompressed and close mic-ey. The OHs, however, sound fantastic! What did you use for them?

The singer = :puke:

Yeah I think a bit too much 4-6k everywhere. Especially on the vocals. I really dislike these kind of vocals, but that's not your fault I guess. Maybe your monitors don't have a very flat response around 5k? Apart from that, nice work!

Yeh, guitars have a bit too much highmids but sound really good otherwise, and I'm not a huge fan of the drums. They're quite small and overcompressed and close mic-ey. The OHs, however, sound fantastic! What did you use for them?

The singer = :puke:

I'm beggining to think its either my monitors, or my horribly untreated room. But every mix I do, I get excess around 4-5 Khz and it sounds fizzy. But listening on my monitors it sounds quite well balanced. :(

As far as the drums, they need a bit more tweaking I know.

The cymbals are metal foundry, cant remember the processing, I'l have a look later.

I'll try and sort the 4-5k issue out and re post. Thanks to everyone for their criticism.

Chris.