My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

taperecorder.jpg

What's this you might (or might not) ask? Authentic motw / Kayo Dot art! Yes I'm that big of a fagboy.

i (VERY) occasionally read the gayo dot board out of boredom because at least it's not the opeth forum and it's not like anyone ever discusses gayo dot anyway

It's quite entertaining really. Well, been sorta vacant lately, but previous years have been golden.

Word to the wise: search for posts made by goatschool if in dire need of entertainment and you're tired of watching Monty Python. A few years back when my job was stupid/slow/gay I used to read their archives several times a month and become entertained/enlightened beyond belief.

Too many slashes in this post really.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Dredg - Leitmotif
First impression: I just wasted $13.

Are you a fan of their other albums? If so, is this album just not very good? I only ask because I've recently been giving their new album some listens, having never heard them before. There's a few tracks which are AWESOME (the first two mainly) but the rest of it seems kinda boring. However, the good stuff on here has inspired me to check out some of their earlier stuff, as well as give this album more of a chance.

Start with El Cielo, but Leitmotif is good stuff and my favoUrite of them. Not essential band but sometimes you need stuff like that.

Erik said:
Dolorian "Voidwards" DigiCD

I've been trying to thank you for recommending this 'cause I picked it up off The End a couple of weeks ago and it pretty much rules! Don't know if you noticed yet, so... thanks!

just ordered:

Hammers of Misfortune - Locust Years (pre-order)
Sunn O))) - White1
Black Boned Angel - Bliss and Void Inseperable

Doom said:
Are you a fan of their other albums? If so, is this album just not very good? I only ask because I've recently been giving their new album some listens, having never heard them before. There's a few tracks which are AWESOME (the first two mainly) but the rest of it seems kinda boring. However, the good stuff on here has inspired me to check out some of their earlier stuff, as well as give this album more of a chance.

No, I haven't even heard the other albums. Perhaps my first impression was made a little too quickly. I was listening to it while talking to a friend and going through rushhour traffic on the highway. It certainly had a lot of really cool moments but I'm not a huge fan of the vocals and still, some of the filler moments kind of make me wish I just had it on mp3, and didn't spend any money on it.

lizard said:
Oh, forgot

Boris - Droneevil

hey lizard do you have a tracklist on this (that's in english)? I've been wondering about it but haven't seen anything online to tell me more info.

I have the drone evil vinyls, but I don't know if it's the same thing + bonus tracks, or a completely different droneevil release altogether.

The vinyl was some thing where the 2 LPs are designed to be played simultaneously for the full songs, so if the CDs were the same way, they might have listed it as such, OR combined them for CD release.

I finally broke down and ordered the new Triarii from Steinklang industries (Austria)

but that's ok because I also ordered an Allerseelen T-Shirt and the Cold Fusion / Rukkanor split at the same time, and to my knowledge, they're the only one selling those t-shirts.