My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Necuratul said:
That's almost indefinitely not going to happen. The only places that carry Barbarian Wrath titles that I'm aware of are The Basar, Alpha Draconis (probably your best bet), and Evil Legend Records, but he's never gotten in any Countess yet. Black Goat is not big on wholesaling merchandise.

Well I know Red Stream has gotten in a good number of their releases before so I'm not overly worried. You can do a search on redstream.org and it'll show you if they've had something in stock in the past and I know I've at least seen some Tearstained and the two Countess albums before this latest in stock recently.

nr_051_mosgenerator.jpg

Thanatopsis123 said:
Well I know Red Stream has gotten in a good number of their releases before so I'm not overly worried. You can do a search on redstream.org and it'll show you if they've had something in stock in the past and I know I've at least seen some Tearstained and the two Countess albums before this latest in stock recently.

I know that they used to do a lot of wholesales. In fact, they did up until last year. But last year they downsized a lot, closing down Barbarian Wrath Vinland, Barbarian Wrath Hispanola, and all other fronts, and stopped wholesaling. Basically the only people that get any now are people that he personally talks with (e.g. ELR, Iron Pegasus, Alpha Draconis). I used to see BW titles in a local record store. In fact, I bought Heilig Vuur, There Is No Hope, The Return To Godless Times, and others there. But Black Goat's decided that it's not worth it anymore. He's been complaining a lot about poor sales and such, and letting stuff go wholesale isn't what he's after anymore. So all I'm really saying is not to expect to see it at Red Stream. You should check Alpha Draconis Records run by Vic in a month or two. He sells them cheap anyway, and uses PayPal.

Anyway, what I've gotten recently:

Dead End - Wartime In Eden 7"
Master - Faith Is In Season

Also:

I ordered these a couple months back and never expected to get them, so I sought out other copies. Now I have duplicates of the two following items. If you're interested in buying or trading for them, contact me, but I won't let them go easily. They are in new and still sealed condition, however, the latter has a crack in the jewel case, which I assume is shipping damage.

Lemming Project - Hate And Despise (this is the original Noise release, not CM)
Torchure - Beyond The Veil

Necuratul said:
You should check Alpha Draconis Records run by Vic in a month or two. He sells them cheap anyway, and uses PayPal.

I guess I might do that or maybe I'll just say "fuck it" and get raped by BW's prices and postage. :erk:

Edit: I just remembered (after looking through their webshop) another reason I hate ordering from them. I can never seem to find another album I really want to get over that damned €20 minimum.

It's certainly not an easy pill to swallow. I asked BlackGoat about selling to Red Stream, and he said they only do trades anyway, so it's out either way. He relies far too much on word of mouth though, and doesn't put in enough time to actually establish himself as a reputable businessman. It takes a great deal of effort just to get an order through to him if you don't use PayPal, and then you have to pay extra for that... Yet he says he doesn't really even turn a profit. He complains about low sales every year, but I really don't know how much longer he's going to keep things going at this point, which is a shame mainly because I don't think that Orlok will work for anyone else.

Necuratul said:
I ordered these a couple months back and never expected to get them, so I sought out other copies. Now I have duplicates of the two following items. If you're interested in buying or trading for them, contact me, but I won't let them go easily. They are in new and still sealed condition, however, the latter has a crack in the jewel case, which I assume is shipping damage.

Lemming Project - Hate And Despise (this is the original Noise release, not CM)
Torchure - Beyond The Veil

I put these up on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...30002826603&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...30002827254&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

Alcest - Le Secret

Thanks for the recommendation spikes! This is absolutely fantastic. Hopefully a full-length is forthcoming.

Went to Resurrection Records in Camden Market today (vast selection of metal, goth and MajestikMoose-type bands) and picked up these:

BATHORY - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
IN THE WOODS... - A Return to the Isle of Men
FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM - Elizium
TIAMAT - The Astral Sleep