My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Love - Forever Changes

foreverchanges.jpg

Would that be a cool brand of sake just to try it out and get a taste for what it might just happen to be all about?

Actually, yes. Gekkeikan was what I drank in Japan. I was surprised to find out when I got back that they are in control of 25% of the sake market in the U.S. as well. I suggest just plain ol', straight up sake (ingredients will be rice and rice kouji only) or nigori sake (an unfiltered sake with a milky look).

Kathaarsys –Portraits Of Wind And Sorrow
Walknut --Graveforests And Their Shadows
Isolation --S/T
Epheles –Souviens-toi
Elffor --Son Of The Shades
Black Crucifixion -Faustian Dream
Chaos Moon –Languor Into Echoes, Beyond

Colour Haze - All
Colour Haze - Periscope
Colour Haze - Temple
Spirit Caravan - Last Embrace
Captain Beyond - Captain Beyond
Gorguts - Considered Dead
Gorguts - Erosion of Sanity

forgotten woods - race of cain

i like raw black metal, quite a bit actually. this sounds like somebody lazily demo-ing some half-finished tunes on a 4-track in their living room, with one mic. it sounds pretty remarkably amateurish--i guess they're too kvlt to be bothered with things like, i dunno, playing in time and, uh, mixing. there are some cool riffs sprinkled in there but like i said, all the songs seem like extremely rough first-draft sort of song ideas. i don't just mean in terms of production, i mean it really seems like they wrote and recorded the whole thing in the span of half an hour. the levels actually change from track to track. really, this merits worldwide distribution? i actually found it sort of amusing so i'm not too pissed about the $5 i spent on it (thank you amoeba) but if they set out to create a parody of bedroom black metal, mission accomplished. i actually found myself wondering if they were serious.

that agalloch demo cd thing

i'm glad i found out about it in time i guess, if i would have missed this just because i don't have internet (see this is the DOWNSIDE to not internetting kids, yes there is one) i would have KILLED THE WORLD

forgotten woods - race of cain diatribe
it's really strange but "one day" is a good song and "the principle of the whip" is interesting mostly because the girl is an amazing vocalist and "nightly paradise" is ok for being totally no frills black metal, but it's easy to expect more seeing as this band USED to be one of the BEST and most ORIGINAL black metal bands

and the booklet is completely pathetic

I have this poorly made box with their first three albums. Fantastic band, way underexposed, and I even do enjoy the Joyless bits.
joyless covering motörhead with the singer doing his best lemmy imitation, fake british accent and all, is priceless (and fucking awesome)

those first three songs on unlimited hate are SERIOUS BUSINESS though, "inherent emptiness" kicks a butt

I need to pay more attention at the record store lmfao/ugh! I picked up an album by a band named Celestial thinking it was the new Celestia. Talk about a blind buy.

Other acquisitions

Hail of Bullets - ...Of Frost and War
Solitude Aeturnus - Alone
Hellveto - Zmierzch