My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Ekpyrosis - Mensch aus gold
Altar of plagues - White tomb
Bethlehem - A sacrificial offering to the kingdom of heaven in a cracked dog's ear

The new mandolin.
DSC05179.jpg

And Carne Con booze. Everyone had better drink up.
DSC05183.jpg

Whenever I see Pabst Blue Ribbon, I think of that part from Blue Velvet where Dennis Hopper beats the living fuck out of Kyle MacLachlan.

Frank Booth: What kind of beer do you like to drink, neighbor?
Jeffrey Beaumont: Heineken.
Frank Booth: Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst! Blue! Ribbon!

MajestikMøøse;8343007 said:
Whenever I see Pabst Blue Ribbon, I think of that part from Blue Velvet where Dennis Hopper beats the living fuck out of Kyle MacLachlan.

Frank Booth: What kind of beer do you like to drink, neighbor?
Jeffrey Beaumont: Heineken.
Frank Booth: Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst! Blue! Ribbon!

:kickass:

Thou - Peasant

Proving once again that nothing good has ever come out of Louisiana. Critics/Reviewers have labeled this bunch droning doom, I label them a kinetic turd emanating from Gambit's ass. The production value is so abysmal it could make Dikembe Mutombo turn red in agony. Save yourself $10, wait until you get the hiccups, cough in to a paperbag while doing drumfills on your knee with a number #2 pencil, and you'll experience the plodding stylings of Thou gratis.

Proving once again that nothing good has ever come out of Louisiana. Critics/Reviewers have labeled this bunch droning doom, I label them a kinetic turd emanating from Gambit's ass. The production value is so abysmal it could make Dikembe Mutombo turn red in agony. Save yourself $10, wait until you get the hiccups, cough in to a paperbag while doing drumfills on your knee with a number #2 pencil, and you'll experience the plodding stylings of Thou gratis.

You should have bought Tyrant, not Peasant.

Edit: Still, I quite like this band. "Traditional Doom with slight Funeral touch" or "Black Sabbath with Extreme Vocals" as Matt put it fits it well enough.

Edit #2: Don't you love Asunder? There's no reason for you to hate this band if such is true.

"Black Sabbath with Extreme Vocals" as Matt put it fits it well enough.

This is the most idiotic comment I've ever read on this forum. Sabbath could be well in to their 90's, Ozzy could have esophageal cancer, and the murmurs and arthritic riffs they'd be able to muster in senility would easily topple this bullshit noise that's petulantly pounding my senses. I listen to music to relieve stress, not to seek a bout with anxiety. Tis a shame, as I really wanted to like this band.

Asunder, this is not! These half hearted riffs go nowhere but to the medicine cabinet and the faghat vocalist doesn't know when to shut the hell up!!!!

Edit - Alright I turned it off, I can not make it to track 5*. On both listens I made it to the 4th track of this Parkinson's disorder before pulling the plug. This music is like running a fucking marathon, except in this case, bullhorns and cotton swabs are utilized as training devices.

*Can not dignify this cacophony by using song titles.

This is the most idiotic comment I've ever read on this forum. Sabbath could be well in to their 90's, Ozzy could have esophageal cancer, and the murmurs and arthritic riffs they'd be able to muster in senility would easily topple this bullshit noise that's petulantly pounding my senses. I listen to music to relieve stress, not to seek a bout with anxiety. Tis a shame, as I really wanted to like this band.

Asunder, this is not! These half hearted riffs go nowhere but to the medicine cabinet and the faghat vocalist doesn't know when to shut the hell up!!!!

Edit - Alright I turned it off, I can not make it to track 5*. On both listens I made it to the 4th track of this Parkinson's disorder before pulling the plug. This music is like running a fucking marathon, except in this case, bullhorns and cotton swabs are utilized as training devices.

*Can not dignify this cacophony by using song titles.

There's no way that's the most idiotic comment you've read in this forum, Plastic Nathrakh's existence alone voids this very notion.

Give Tyrant a chance (or not) if you haven't. It's not drastically different, but it is a better album overall (including production). You probably won't like the song titles, but that shouldn't be a deterrence. I'm not sure if it will really make a difference though based on your initial impressions of Peasant. The only thing I can reasonably agree with you on is that I can see how the vocals would annoy most people. Ultimately, I enjoy it, and it's a good change of pace from what I usually listen to. Fine by me!