My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

TIM BUCKLEY - Lorca
TIM BUCKLEY - Blue Afternoon
SONIC YOUTH - The Eternal
LOVE IS THE SONG WE SING: SAN FRANCISCO NUGGETS ( :lol: ) 1965-1970 (4CD Box Set)
It wasn't all peace, love, and drugs that made San Francisco the fulcrum of the burgeoning hippie scene in the mid '60s. According to this sprawling 77-track, four-disc set--the third in Rhino's ongoing Nuggets series--it was the music that nurtured and helped create Haight-Ashbury. This expansive package succeeds in presenting the disparate acts involved in that cultural revolution through a detailed aural exploration. Sure, the usual suspects like the GRATEFUL DEAD, JEFFERSON AIRPLANE, QUICKSILVER MESSENGER SERVICE, and JANIS JOPLIN are here, but it's the obscurities and oddities--some never previously available and many more extremely difficult to find--that provide intimate glimpses into the crevices, building blocks, and influences of what was later dubbed the "San Francisco Sound." The platters are broken down into rough category/chronological groupings, with disc three focusing on 1967, the Summer of Love whose 40th anniversary this box's release celebrates. Even there, acts such as the ACE OF CUPS, THE MYSTERY TREND, and THE LOADING ZONE fly way below the radar. There's lots to absorb, even for genre enthusiasts, but compiler Alex Palao's extensive, track-specific liner notes provide concise yet vital contextual background to guide the listener through a wildly diverse landscape that runs from the British Invasion-styled pop of THE BEAU BRUMMELS and the soft folk of THE YOUNGBLOODS to the furious garage psychedelia of THE COUNT FIVE and the eardrum-bursting, proto-metal power rock of BLUE CHEER.
:kickass:

Part of the reason Dirty Harry was so angry was that he had to coexist with the above mentioned bands. Blue Cheer? Harry would blow Blue Cheer's head clean off

Dude, Jefferson Airplane ROCKED. Plus, I would have let Grace Slick grace my slick, most definitely.

Pampers kicks Huggies's ass.

@Sirloin: I was jus kiddin. I just wanted to work Dirty Harry in there somewhere. You know, San Francisco, 1970s, etc

ATROCITY - Todessehnsucht
BLACK BLOOD - Cryptic Rituals
IMPALED NAZARENE - Motorpenis
JUDAS ISCARIOT - Of Great Eternity
MOHO - He Visto la Cruz al Revés
WOODTEMPLE - Voices of Pagan Mountains

I love Woodtemple, even it's just shitty wannabe Graveland. Need to pickup some of their stuff!

It's wannabe GRAVELAND, but as far as I'm concerned it's certainly not shitty. The one I picked up is damn good.

DROWNING THE LIGHT - To the End of Time (CD)

i had (have? i forget whether i even still own it, probably not) a woodtemple and it was CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Deströyer 666 - Defiance

08TS1494.jpg

TSrealmofthedark.jpg

it has the lyrics of TRANSYLVANIA

i'm pretty sure i'm going to buy a green classical guitar

1666979_800.jpg

haven't ordered it but it's 45 euros, green, and i want a classical guitar at home so posting here preemptively