My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Do you seriously like everything you buy? I'm completely indifferent to the music of so many of these worthless nothing black metal bands I see you and Vittra buying. It's like you've discovered some kind of Costco for nothing black metal where you can just buy bulk and it doesn't matter if 90% of it sucks because you only paid $5 for the whole box of tapes.

Funny you should say that, Voidhanger and Vittra both have excellent taste in music from what I've heard. I've liked almost every band either of them has recommended to me.

As for the millions of black metal albums they buy, I don't know!

I don't really buy enough random bands to justify that kind of comment being aimed towards me. What in fact do is splurge and buy in surges. If it's not good, I don't buy it. I don't like to trade or re-sell stuff and I don't want to own something I don't like, so it's incredibly rare that I'll blind buy something. Admittedly, there may have been a few things I could have definitely done without, like this Freitod tape that I'll never listen to, but that's rare. There's nothing else really this year that interests me, and I won't be buying much older stuff, I've got more than enough to keep my plate full for quite some time. I'll get the new Katharsis at some point, maybe the Immortal, and a few other things here and there.

I've had very few purchases recently, and none of it has been strange or out of the ordinary. I recall Molested, Cobalt, Inquisition, Drudkh/Absu, Warning, Funebraum/Crematory, Antimatter, Process of Guilt, and Caïna, and the new Graveland purchases. Some of this isn't BM. All of it it is well known though...except maybe the Caïna.

The last big haul was from Morbid Winter. Nothing special from that haul even, though primarily black metal. Skepticism, Temnozor, Kroda, Walknut, Pagan Reign, Svarga, Judas Iscariot, Khors etc. Really just just a large Blackened Folk haul for the most part, which is the only type of "Folk" metal I can stand and enjoy.

Oh, I did order this today though:

Arckanum - ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ
Beherit - Engram
Destroyer 666 - Defiance
The Devil's Blood - The Graveyard Shuffle 7"

TR00 OBSCURE GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN "NOTHING" SHITTY BM :worship:.

:)

One last thing...Voidhanger recommends me a ton of things, and knows a hell of a lot more than I could ever hope to. I'll echo Matt here and say everything he 's recommended me has in fact been excellent, both BM and DM-wise, and I'll often tell him how ridiculous I find the names of some things. "Murder Rape" is one of the more mild ones, but for some reason it constantly sticks out in my mind. Regardless, I simply can't argue with how good the album "Celebration Of Supreme Evil" is, unless of course I wanted to be a complete idiot for no apparent reason.

Anyways, cheers. My presence in this thread will remain low for the most part in the foreseeable future. Maybe I'll post the parts as I get them for the audio (maybe theatre?) system I'm building or the new derailleurs I badly need for my mountain bike :kickass:

Do you seriously like everything you buy? I'm completely indifferent to the music of so many of these worthless nothing black metal bands I see you and Vittra buying. It's like you've discovered some kind of Costco for nothing black metal where you can just buy bulk and it doesn't matter if 90% of it sucks because you only paid $5 for the whole box of tapes.

Depends. There are some blind/buys and trades, but for the most part I at least do some investigation into a band/album before buying anything from them, so I know beforehand that there's a good chance I'm going to like it. If I don't, it goes right onto the trade/sell list and the cycle begins again.

A while ago I traded some glam metal LPs for just under 20 black metal demos, mostly from bands I haven't heard of - I'd rather do that and have black metal I might like than glam metal LPs I know I don't like. :lol:

The Merciless shirt was too small =(=( I fear not even sleeve-cutting will save it. The external hdd arrived today too yay!

you can possibly sell it to me
It's probably too small for you too, it's as much the length as the width and you're as tall as I am. Then again, this worked:

entrevista_euronymous2.jpg

Can give it a shot unless I decide that sleeveless bellyshirts are back in.

/Mikerino

Could work if you cut the sleeves and promise not to grow another inch or ever work out/eat more than usual

I still haven't decided wether or not I'll go for the looking ridiculous even though the shirt is kool-style myself though

I suppose I need to take a picture with it on to give you peepz some perspective

Ornette Coleman - Beauty is a rare thing: The Complete Atlantic Recordings

Bankruptcy..

Cemetary - An Evil Shade of Grey

That's a fucking awesome album.

ABANDON - Never-Ending Black Torrent of Death
BESTIAL SUMMONING/HERETIC - Splitting Skulls for Satan
DELVE - The Dead Amongst
DIATRIBE - Ruins of a Shining Heritage
EMBRACE OF THORNS - Atonement Ritual
ENGRAVED - Ninkharsag
HVELVENGEL AV HELVETE - Into the Blasphemic Fullmoon
MERRIMACK - Ashes of Purification