My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

ANIMAL COLLECTIVE - Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished / Danse Manatee
ANIMAL COLLECTIVE - Campfire Songs
ANIMAL COLLECTIVE - Hollinndagain
PANDA BEAR - Young Prayer

I've decided that AC are this generation's Sonic Youth.

The main similarities I find are: a) many quality releases in a row, b) doing totally new things with sound and still being (most of the time) catchy as fuck, c) frontrunners of the current musical "ethos" (i.e. "where music is going") and d) diverse albums that still send you to the same world/headspace/bizarro-world that each particular band occupies. Five years ago I fell in love with Feels, then heard some of their other music and decided I didn't like it very much. Mostly I assumed that they were just a stupid, quirky indie rock band..... which they're NOT. None of their nine albums sound a bit alike, but they all have that unique, easily-recognizable personality (SY up to Goo, Frank Zappa, Radiohead, Genesis). Currently listening to their early material and I'm super-shocked at how high quality (and musical) it is. Lennox and Portner were pretty much geniuses from the get go. Also, this is the REAL psychedelia/drug music for the 21st century..... [/wankfest]

Gigantic haul from Akhera Distro. CDs were $4 and Tapes were $3.

CD

ABIGAIL - Alive In Thailand
ASTROFAES - The Attraction: Heavens and Earth DIGICD w/ bonus video track
DARK FURY - Fortress of Eagles
DESTRUKTOR - Nuclear Storm
GOSPEL OF THE HORNS Realm of the Damned
HELCARAXË - Triumph and Revenge
HORNA - Sotahuuto
KARNARIUM - Tänk På Döden
MAYHEM - Live In Leipzig digi
SODOM - Pretenders to the Throne
SUMMON - Fallen - Special 2CD Version
TRENCH HELL (AUS) - Southern Cross Ripper
VENOM - Black Metal
VENOM - Welcome to Hell
VORDR - Vordr

Vinyl

GRAVELAND - The Celtic Winter 12"
GRAVELAND - Wotan Mit Mir 12"
NOCTURNAL VOMIT / BESTIAL RAIDS - Pandemonic Outburst of Impious Doom 7"

Tape

DROWNING THE LIGHT - Of Celtic Blood & Satanic Pride
LORD WIND - Atlantean Monument
LORD WIND - Rites Of The Valkyries
PESTROYER - Inquisiteurs des Temps Modernes
SATANIC WARMASTER / EVIL - Southern / Carelian - Black Metal Holocaust

dråpsnatt "i denna skog" cd
sorgeldom "innerlig förmörkelse" cd
kailash "past changing fast" cd
austere "to lay like old ashes" cd
urfaust "einsiedler" cd

Because there's a few DTL releases that are actually pretty decent. I was skeptical and stayed away until late 2009 myself.

Ordered a few things from Helvete.ru a while back:

ABSURD / GRAND BELIAL'S KEY / SIGRBLOT
HELVETIN MUSTA PETO (Comp)
RAVEN DARK - Catarsis
SABBAT - Evoke
PATRIA - Hymns Of Victory And Death
LUGUBRUM - De Totem
NASHEIM - evighet/undergång :)))

NASHEIM - Undergang / Evighet :)))

damn and i still have your package here all boxed up and ready to go (with your old address on it)

sigh

i'm going to totally give up and never do any mailorder business ever again, i'm very sorry (also it's "evighet/undergång")

Oops, shoulda caught that. FIXED NOW!

No worries man. I'm actually about to move again in a few months, so the address would be invalidated x2 at this point ahah.

I had actually seen a copy used a couple months back and Matt said "You probably should get that if you ever want to hear it" :lol:

Dark Tranquility We Are The Void
Finntroll ( new one)
Heathen Evolution of Chaos
High On Fire Snakes of The Divine
Eluveitie ( New One) I like them fuck off
Also picked up Anaal Nathrakhs Eschaton a few weeks ago. Love it.
WHite Wizzard Over The Top
Gamma Ray To THe Metal

Dexter season 1 through 3
Futurama seasons 1 and 2
Dead mans Shoes ( excellent Scottish Indy Revenge Film)
Dead Snow ( Nazi Zombies )

Assassins Creed Xbox 360

sli80f1.jpg

lets see how many different looking and specced tubes i can cram into the same circuit and still make it work

pentax k10d

back in 2008 when i bought my current digital slr (pentax k100d super), the k10d was the one i really wanted, but it was out of my financial reach back then. although i love the k100d, today i found a deal on a barely used k10d i couldn't resist (almost free if i can sell my k100d for a decent price) so there we go. i bought a pentax k10d.

Pentax-K10D-Large.jpg

Nice! I was all set to buy a new K-x but ended up using the money for my tanning canopy, which I do not regret! It's working wonders on my psoriasis.

Nice! I was all set to buy a new K-x but ended up using the money for my tanning canopy, which I do not regret! It's working wonders on my psoriasis.

the k-x is amazing. there's no comparison in the price class, it just absolutely slaughters nikon, canon, olympus and sony in every possible way. not even saying this because i'm a pentax guy, it's just undeniable. actually, it murders every single aps-c size dslr in low-light noise performance. you probably know this already though since you were considering getting one. you should totally still do it when you get spare cash again! get a blue one!