My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

omfg

i done bought myself a new bass guitar

5-string and fretless with active EQ

uJ3DA.jpg

UTnaW.jpg

an instrument way nerdier than what i'm used to

i barely play bass guitar, i've never played a 5-string or fretless bass for more than like 5 seconds, so this'll be fun

also: e-bow plus
Oooooh fretless. I like them ESP LTD basses, they are quite a deal for a very solid bass. Fretless is almost like an entirely different instrument, I've found the way I approach them is completely removed from how I play fretted. A friend of mine described fretless basses as being similar to women: you have to warm them up before jumping in, and some days they just flat out fucking hate you, leaving you no choice but to avoid them and try again later. I've found that to be very true (for both women and fretlesseseses). Do you still have that black pointy-ish bass I sent you many years ago? I don't even remember what kind it was, but I did play it for 3 minutes before sending it off to Sverige.

I bought the double disc version of Until The Light Takes Us. Been on a very big black metal kick lately, so it's only fitting. I'll probably watch it in 2 years because that's how I roll with music DVDs. Also ummmm.... that one Ogre album that has been in swizzle's signature for eons, a Darkthrone album or two, quite literally $1,000 worth of phaser pedals, some beer, and various xmas presents.

Do you still have that black pointy-ish bass I sent you many years ago? I don't even remember what kind it was, but I did play it for 3 minutes before sending it off to Sverige.

nizmN.jpg

this thing? yeah, i still have it, and to be fair it still sounds ok in theory, but the electronics are completely fucked up and well, it's just generally seen MUCH better days. i needed an upgrade

Holy crap I totally forgot that that one lived with me for a day or so! I think it was packaged so well that I couldn't play it though, bummer for me, good for worldly travels. I am an overseas bass trafficker.

And now I actually do ship basses for a living, WTF. Well that only takes up maybe an hour of my workweek, but still. I shipped a used one to France last week, it now lives with a man named Grégoire. [/how exciting]

daaamn i received my new bass today and it is a beautiful instrument

i'll post some sexy pixxx later because it's actually better looking than the product photos