My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

AUM080.jpg

Haven't bought yet...but I NEED this.

Seriously man, thank you for Iceburn. I listened to that album one time a year ago and it remains etched into my mind. Soon I can enjoy it fully!

I also bought two fuzz pedals over the last month, the first of which is very small, but appears large in this image by comparison to the other:

46-1.jpg
Depth_Charge_4c25094823efb.png

^^^ ADORABLE
How many pedals is that now? A million?
19 total, not counting 2 tuners and a DI box. I treat pedals as currency, always trading/selling/buying and never really increasing or decreasing my current supply. It's the solitary zero sum game of fuzz!

I know a guy like that. He has hundreds. They pile up in his garage.

My rule with gear is if I'm not using it in a band, fuckin' sell that shit.

Malekko B:Assmaster without a doubt, as it is my favoUrite fuzz pedal ever.

Also check out the Iron Ether Oxide for synthy/gated stuff, those are great.

Some day I will scope out a Mountainking Magnetar for such similar textures.

EDIT: Oh and for something completely whacky with a neato gate, Subdecay Noise Box.

Apple TV
Got this in my quest to be rid of cable but not certain yet how that's going to play out. I can tell it's thousands of times faster than using my Blu ray player as a conduit for watching internet content on TV and the interface is really nice. Netflix is the most useful app. It also has Hulu Plus, HBO Go and a host of other apps. I'm pretty sure cutting cable tv is going to amount to a $1 savings per month because that's how the fucks at comcast stick it to ya. The only way to win is to disconnect completely and I can't because I need the internet for school...and RC.

The movies on iTunes are kinda expensive. Netflix still seems to be the deal as far as entertainment goes. I'm on the one Blu ray out at a time deal which is $20 a month SUPER CHEAP but they trick ya by apparently using bike messengers to transport the discs to and fro your crib. I swear I put my last flick in the mailbox a fucking WEEK ago and still haven't received the next disc.

Last post on this topic I swear: does anyone remember when Netflix had like 3 distribution centers? Cuz I do. Back in the day I would get movies here in Nashville that were postmarked from California haha