My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Demilich said:
that's pretty awesome! how much? I have only got 3 of those, Totoro, Mononoke and Spirited Away. Seen em all, except Porco-Rosso & Fireflies

Around $30 on ebay. Make sure you get the one with English dubs (even if you only watch it subbed like myself) and 7 movies. The ones with like 12 movies are Asian versions and their subs usually suck and don't come with dubs.

hmm. i like to watch the movies both with dubs and with subtitles. completely different experiences, both kinda cool. certain actors ruin the english dubs a bit for me, like billy crystal in the most recent one. fucking annoying.

maybe i'll pick up this set... the individual movies in stores seem to run up to around $39.99 each, for the 2-disc north american editions.

which one's your favourite, by the way?

I've just ordered this freakin' set. So far I've seen Grave of Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away, which I own on DVD but only with French or German dubs, so I'll be able to sell those now. "Spirited Away" is my fave, but "Grave of Fireflies" managed to make me cry like a foutain first time I watched it.

While still visually stunning, I found Myazaki's latest "Howl's Moving Castle" a little disappointeing, the storyline is confused and I miss the character depth of other movies.

[EDIT] Thanx for posting this Thanatopsoriasis! I had no clue such a thing existed. You know... Wow...

Ellestin said:
While still visually stunning, I found Myazaki's latest "Howl's Moving Castle" a little disappointeing, the storyline is confused and I miss the character depth of other movies.

[EDIT] Thanx for posting this Thanatopsoriasis! I had no clue such a thing existed. You know... Wow...

Howl's Moving Castle is yet another I haven't seen yet. I know, for an anime fan it's akin to blasphemy to have not seen as many Studio Ghibli films as this. :( I'm getting around to it though!

And I'm glad you've decided to pick this up. It's limited and I finally got off my ass and ordered it when my usual anime distro ran out of copies. :)

i so completely hated anime before i saw spirited away the first time. to be honest, other anime just doesn't look like it'd be as good.

any recommendations?

Thanatopsis123: my animedvdbox I got this week pwns yours. :-D

53669.jpg

It's the whole series ofcourse.

MadeInNewJersey said:
So I always wondered...do Japanimation artists go out of their way to give women huge tits as a way of compensating for the fact that no Asian women have big tits? I mean, WTF?!
sometimes they do. it's sorta rare unless fake though. because you know, i've visited every asian country in the world. :dopey:

i always figured that was to aim at the 14-year old male virgin audience, which suits my 26-year old perverted ass just fine. although a lot of times i just find it hilarious.

i never noticed big knockers on Miyazaki's female characters. most of his main characters are young girls with very annoying voices though, if that counts for anything.

so, i found Spirit Caravan - Jug Fulla Sun on Gemm.com for cheap, hope it works out ok

gonna be collecting a bunch of Wino stuff in the next little while

i saw some big hoots at the pub tonight. none of them belonged to the korean and/or filipina (couldn't quite tell) waitress though, but she was hot.

you know they say cup size in asian countries will have gone up avg. one size in the next generation (or have already or something) 'cause of their recent exposure to hormone-packed North American fast food and shit.

stopped in on the way home from school to pick up:

Queens of the Stone Age - Over the Years and Through the Woods live cd/dvd

Josh Homme is the fuckin man!

Demilich said:
you know they say cup size in asian countries will have gone up avg. one size in the next generation (or have already or something) 'cause of their recent exposure to hormone-packed North American fast food and shit.

So what you're saying is that I need to fuck a YOUNGER Asian chick. Got it.