My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Ellestin said:
I wouldn't dare meaning to imply such dismal thoughts on your part, but since I'm going to leave the intarweb for an undetermined period in about two months from now, the odds are high you'll still be far from giving the album its first spin by then. :p

What?! You can't "leave the intarweb!"

You're right though, I probably won't get to EDM until oh, sometime in 2008. :tickled:

Henrik Main said:
That surely must have cost you a fortune?

It's coming from a trade, I had to get the 7" he wanted from that and it costed 25 euros to me, so 25 is not bad from original DB 7". :)

Dick Sirloin said:
This is the best haul I've ever had. I'd say every album is at least an 8/10 (although the Anthony Phillips is a comp so that's sort of unfair). Anyway, I'm very proud of myself, so I am drinking vodka and talking to chicks on AIM like Napoleon Dynamite's brother.

have you heard the news that currentninetythree and OM are going to be doing a split album?

HOW FUCKING STRANGE IS THAT

Sleep - Dopesmoker
Colour Haze - s/t

gugs don't get mad, i'll pick up Fu Manchu on my next stonerrock.com order, these two have been on my list for many months now, and i don't like to buy 892498 CDs at the same time unlike some people. :Spin:

once I was NAD said:
Sleep - Dopesmoker
Colour Haze - s/t

gugs don't get mad, i'll pick up Fu Manchu on my next stonerrock.com order, these two have been on my list for many months now, and i don't like to buy 892498 CDs at the same time unlike some people. :Spin:

:kickass:

studioghibli-e0124.jpg

Includes: Castle In The Sky, Grave of Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, KiKi's Delivery Service, Porco-Rosso, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away.

:headbang:

Chromatose said:
have you heard the news that currentninetythree and OM are going to be doing a split album?

HOW FUCKING STRANGE IS THAT

Yeah man, I can't fucking wait. Everything David Tibet touches turns to gold.

Has anyone heard NURSE WITH WOUNDS?

Nope, I just saw that he/they were very closely tied with C93 (NWW did the "sister" album to Thunder Perfect Mind).

Dick Sirloin said:
Nope, I just saw that he/they were very closely tied with C93 (NWW did the "sister" album to Thunder Perfect Mind).

ah, well.. the style is mostly industrial based from what I've heard

I've tried listening to the TPM companion album, don't even remember how it sounded, but wasn't worth listening to was my opinion of it at the time.

It's obviously second-rate material to the "real" TPM, but songs like "Maldoror Is Ded Ded Ded" and "They Return to Their Earth (For My Christ Thorn)" are well worth it. The latter might be one of Tibet's warmest compositions.

EDIT: or are you referring to Nurse With Wounds?

It's good, but nowhere near the quality of TPM.

What other C93 do you have? And where did you get them?

(the only other "actual" c93 I own is A Gothic Love Song and Soft Black Stars)

Dick Sirloin said:
It's good, but nowhere near the quality of TPM.

What other C93 do you have? And where did you get them?

(the only other "actual" c93 I own is A Gothic Love Song and Soft Black Stars)

i have many many downloaded and thoroughly enjoyed and listened to since most of that stuff is out of print at the mo'

basically I just listen to "they return to their earth" over and over and over tbh, makes up for anything lacking on that 2nd disc .......

Thanatopsis123 said:
Includes: Castle In The Sky, Grave of Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, KiKi's Delivery Service, Porco-Rosso, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away.

:headbang:

that's pretty awesome! how much? I have only got 3 of those, Totoro, Mononoke and Spirited Away. Seen em all, except Porco-Rosso & Fireflies