IN THE LOCUST SUMMERS
WHAT FIRES WE LIT
IN THE LOCUST YEARRRRSSSSSSSS

RAVAGED AND RAPED
IN THE LOCUSSSSTTT YEARRRRSSSSSSS

*cellos*

Chromatose said:
Current 93 - Thunder Perfect Mind/The Thunder: Perfect Mind

The professor of my Gnosticism class mentioned this and the NWW album in class, and I told him what I knew about it. He assumed it was just some university student or something who had stumbled across something esoteric and sought to use it to his advantage. I'm not sure how serious Tibet is about this stuff... what do you think, Moose (or others)? I told him I'd get back to him on it, as well as if I bought the album.

740.jpg

Bathory-Hammerheart.jpg

Ordered yesterday around noon, this morning in the mail... o_O

fotmbm said:
Ulver - Kveldssanger

Good. Even though I'm a huge fan of albums like "Weiland" and "Kauan" (which is a 10/10 album if I've ever heard one), "Kveldssanger" will always be #1. It has this certain atmosphere that no one else has even been able to do. Ulver's had that nailed eversince "Trollskogen"...

MFJ said:
Good. Even though I'm a huge fan of albums like "Weiland" and "Kauan" (which is a 10/10 album if I've ever heard one), "Kveldssanger" will always be #1. It has this certain atmosphere that no one else has even been able to do. Ulver's had that nailed eversince "Trollskogen"...

WHY IS IT 2006 AND I STILL DON'T OWN A SINGLE ULVER ALBUM!?

edit: listening to October Falls "Marras" right now and this has that same kind of atmosphere

MFJ said:
Found "Nursery Cryme" for $10 at Borders last night.

AMAZING ALBUM ALERT*********************

edit: By Genesis, btw.

Now buy these:

Trespass
Foxtrot
Live
Selling England By the Pound
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
A Trick of the Tail
Wind and Wuthering
Face Value

...Just kidding on that last one!

MajestikMøøse said:
Found in the mail today:
Guénon - Insights Into Christian Esoterism

tell me more please

and did you mean "esotericism"? i don't believe your spelling there is actually a word at all

Demilich said:
tell me more please

and did you mean "esotericism"? i don't believe your spelling there is actually a word at all

"Esoterism" is what's written on the cover, so I go by that.

It's a book of Guénon's miscellaneus articles on Christian esoteric topics, Christian initiatic mysteries, the further expansion on the topic of allegory in the works of Dante, etc.

From what I can tell, the articles deal more with the initiatic mysteries surrounding the knightly orders around the crusades, Dante, and the Grail mysteries, and has little reference to gnosticism, as the Nag-Hammadi corpus hadn't been discovered yet at the time that Guénon was writing.