My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Conspicuously Absent said:
jah. plus my expensive summer ahead makes me loath to even buy myself a coffee.
yeah, i don't have a job now and i'm trying to make my money last until i start working again over the summer. i spend a lot on weed, food, booze, music, etc, so i have to be careful or the last few weeks of the semester i'm gonna be high and dry.

case in point, i'm gonna order (later, on a non-hiccupping-computer-that-is-making-me-afraid-of-making-a-financial-transaction):
paatos - kallocain
napalm death - scum
shining - the eerie cold

MFJ said:
just doooo it... the album is worth probably about $20.

you know, if I had to put a monetary value on it.

well sheeat, if that's the case, I'd just drive up to Tower and buy it for instant gratification for $18!

Still won't, I just can't/won't pay more than $13-$14.

cthulufhtagn said:
yeah, i don't have a job now and i'm trying to make my money last until i start working again over the summer. i spend a lot on weed, food, booze, music, etc, so i have to be careful or the last few weeks of the semester i'm gonna be high and dry.

Yeah, i'm getting one more installment of my student loan. Need to save up enough for: Cert Exams, Flight, Travel Costs, Spending Money == just under the student loan value. Plus a little help from my parents...

Also gonna try and get my grandfather onside to pay for my cert exams. might work.

@teh canuck: yeah you have it way tougher, i'm just occupied with spending money haha

MadeInNewJersey said:
Still won't, I just can't/won't pay more than $13-$14.
paatos - kallocain $14.50
napalm death - scum $13
shining - the eerie cold $13

that's hurting me right there, paying my "limit" for 3 cds in one order...i've given up on finding kallocain any cheaper though, and i don't expect to find that shining album for any less...scum i just really want

Another great handful of instrument/speaker cables, like these:

blues.jpg

Made by some dude living in the Nawlins swamp, woo!

Who makes them that way?

I've ordered from this dude before, and I must say they are very high quality. I used to swear by Spectraflex but their newer shit sucks compared to how they used to make them.`

I think only those retarded $300 audio cables are made that way. My friend has one that his audiophile uncle gave to him. It came with this novel sized booklet explaining how it was "painstakingly cryogenically frozen in the core for maximum audial frequency enhancenment blah blahh blah." Buying nice equipment and cables is well and good, but I dont think I'd spend 300 on a cable even if I was fucking eric clapton.

Oh, haha. I didn't realize they were that expensive, sheesh. Yeah, I'm a firm supporter of boutique equipment, but that sort of cost is ridiculous.

These cables are $8 to $10 for the jacks and then $1 / foot of cable. Perfectly awesome stuff.

So I finally got a letter from AJNA Offensive today regarding the Sigrblot LP booklets. It reads-

Ave.
The SIGRBLOT booklets finally arrived, but somehow in transit the box ended up in a lake/pond/puddle and fell apart. Every single bookley was ruined. This means there will be NO booklet included with the record.
4 months and an insane amount of money later with nothing to show for it.

so that sucks, but they sent me a free sigrblot patch.
And my Inaborat Cosmos shirt arrived today.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
So I finally got a letter from AJNA Offensive today regarding the Sigrblot LP booklets. It reads-

Ave.
The SIGRBLOT booklets finally arrived, but somehow in transit the box ended up in a lake/pond/puddle and fell apart. Every single bookley was ruined. This means there will be NO booklet included with the record.
4 months and an insane amount of money later with nothing to show for it.

so that sucks, but they sent me a free sigrblot patch.
And my Inaborat Cosmos shirt arrived today.

haha shit. They've been having the absolute worst luck with those.