My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

damn, that reminds me that I need to check out those "The Gault" and "Dusk - Morning... Resurrect"

but I just spent money this week on ordering Satyricon's Dark Medieval Times from Redstream and an Ordo Equitum Solis CD off of eBay... so maybe later.

MajestikMøøse said:
damn, that reminds me that I need to check out those "The Gault" and "Dusk - Morning... Resurrect"

but I just spent money this week on ordering Satyricon's Dark Medieval Times from Redstream and an Ordo Equitum Solis CD off of eBay... so maybe later.

@ Nico - If ye want, I'll upload some mp3's for ye once they are in my possession.

@Mark- Pretty damn good distro. Most cd's are around $10, plenty of black metal for your tastes, and your order usually arrives in a couple days. They recently upgraded their website for added efficiency. It's ran by Typhus of "Typhus" fame. Only complaint I have towards them. Is that it seems as if they listen to the cd's in which they sell.Which I guess isn't to uncommon for a small distro metal shop. (Dark Realm Records in Los Angeles does the same.) So you can consider the cd's already "broken in" so to speak. (Finger smudges). Other than that I give them 2 thumbs up.

Edit- Yep everything they claim is in stock, is in stock. No metaldisc.com tomfoolery going on around here.

A small haul from The End that arrived in the middle of last week..

Edge of Sanity - The Spectral Sorrows
Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow
Fall of the Leafe - Volvere
Fall of the Leafe - Vantage
Green Carnation - The Burden Is Mine...Alone
Green Carnation - Acoustiv Verses
Dan Swanö - Moontower
Ulver - Perdition City

Reign in Acai said:
K suit yourself. GOSH [/Napoleon Faggotmyte] :loco:

:lol:

Now I know why I recognize the name of the distro, I didn't catch the Typhus connection 'til just now. I think I met the guy who runs it, or used to, at one of the Koshick Metalfests in NJ a few years' back.

Not thrilled about the s/h policy though, unless I misread something...

$4.50 Priority for up to 3 CDs, $1.00 each beyond that. Could get pricey!

I really wish there were 1 or 2 additional good distros out there. I primarily use The End, Red Stream, DarkHorizon, Amazon, Amoeba Records. Between all those I cover about 40% of the records I want.

You like Gemm if I recall? I would also suggest www.musicstack.com for those "hard to find" records. Can't verify reliability as it's an individual seller marketplace. But they do claim to have shit that other distros don't even carry.

Who do you normally use?

The ones I use the most:

The End (though I haven't in a long time)
BlackMetal (not too often, but sometimes they have great shit in stock)
Regimental (the cheapest by far, and I can drive there)
Deathgasm (love them, totally reliable)
Moribund Cult (love them, totally reliable)
Red Stream (not too often, because they never have anything I want in stock, or I always miss them when they do)

I always forget about:
Relapse (really, if they have it in stock, they're great)
Dark Symphonies (one of the cheapest, no s/h)

I never use Gemm (too expensive), and I knew about Music Stack (when I used to look for rare Zeppelin bootlegs). I want to try Dark Horizons & there's one that J. posted last week sometime, decent prices and had a bunch of Deathspell Omega in stock.

M.Lehto said:
This is THE most difficult Tenhi-recording so far. It was very hard to get into, but when you get through the surface, it never cease to amaze me. Very earthly atmosphere, the overall concept is a bit more stripped than before and when thinking of older releases, the focus is in Kauan-album, altough this is not Kauan part two either.

Vocals seems to have a bigger part than before, flute is just somewhere there, not as a lead instrument this time. There are at least some new instruments like accordion, maybe just some backgrounds, but anyway. Drums have taken a bit smaller role, but they’re there, when there’s a need for them.

Overall, after few weeks of listening (ripped the cd to my mp3-player and played it when walking on the nature), I must say, that this is THE best Tenhi-album so far. I thought they would never top Kauan, but they did, altough at first this was nowhere near it, it just tooked time and that’s good

Sounds great! I wanted something more similar to Kauan for sure.

Supernal is pretty good too, if they have what you want. I placed an order with them and Moribund on the same day, and despite being in England, my order with Supernal got to me the same day. Rather impressive.

B0002Z83KC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ISIS - Panopticon