My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Doom said:
1) Just how cold is it gonna be?
2) Just how expensive is stuff out there (drinks, food etc.)?

1. During the day, maybe about minus 5-10 celcius, but during the day, probably minus 15. It may be warmer by thge time you leave, when I think about it, but you can consider this a worst-case-scenario.

2. FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!! :yell: :yell: :yell: A beer is about 7, 8 bucks and a drink twice that. Granted, I've never been to Geilo, but I can't imagine it's any cheaper there than in Oslo.

Crimson Velvet said:
1. During the day, maybe about minus 5-10 celcius, but during the day, probably minus 15. It may be warmer by thge time you leave, when I think about it, but you can consider this a worst-case-scenario.

2. FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!! :yell: :yell: :yell: A beer is about 7, 8 bucks and a drink twice that. Granted, I've never been to Geilo, but I can't imagine it's any cheaper there than in Oslo.

Well that doesn't sound too cold. I assume you meant for the latter "during the night"? But ugh, horrible drink prices, I'm seriously considering taking stuff out there with me.

RE: Tenhi, I should have a copy of the new album on its way. So has anyone actually heard it yet, and how does it compare to their old albums?

Doom said:
RE: Tenhi, I should have a copy of the new album on its way. So has anyone actually heard it yet, and how does it compare to their old albums?

Lehto heard it already. I think I remember him saying it was more minimalistic than Vare and more somber. It was more in the vein of Kauan.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Lehto heard it already. I think I remember him saying it was more minimalistic than Vare and more somber. It was more in the vein of Kauan.

This is THE most difficult Tenhi-recording so far. It was very hard to get into, but when you get through the surface, it never cease to amaze me. Very earthly atmosphere, the overall concept is a bit more stripped than before and when thinking of older releases, the focus is in Kauan-album, altough this is not Kauan part two either.

Vocals seems to have a bigger part than before, flute is just somewhere there, not as a lead instrument this time. There are at least some new instruments like accordion, maybe just some backgrounds, but anyway. Drums have taken a bit smaller role, but they’re there, when there’s a need for them.

Overall, after few weeks of listening (ripped the cd to my mp3-player and played it when walking on the nature), I must say, that this is THE best Tenhi-album so far. I thought they would never top Kauan, but they did, altough at first this was nowhere near it, it just tooked time and that’s good

CDs
Negura Bunget - 3cd Box Set
Negura Bunget - N'Crugu Bradului (large edition)

DVD
Love Potion #9 (birthday gift for a friend)

And a magazine subscription for my jailbird brother.

Don't remember every single one as it's been 24 hours haha. But the haul includes...

Arcana - Le Serpent Rouge
Dark Quarterer - Dark Quarterer
Dusk - Mourning... Resurrect
Hegemon - By This, I Conquer
Into Eternity - Dead or Dreaming
Astrofaes - "Heritage"
Sear Bliss - "Grand Destiny"
The Gault - "Even As All Before us"
Summoning - "Dol Guldur"
Dark Fortress - "Stab Wounds"