My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimbobhickville said:
Matt, how is the Illogicist? I've been meaning to check it out. I absolutely loved their first demo, and liked the second demo but felt it was a step down.
I haven't heard their demos, but so far I'm really digging the album. Heavy as hell and very technical. Most definitely worth checking out.

One Inch Man said:
Pearl Jam - Riot Act

Two songs have fully restored my faith in this band over the past 6 months, and half.com is selling cheap.
I'm a major Pearl Jam fan. I think they are the greatest rock band around--they never disappoint. Do you have No Code? That's my favorite. Catch 'em live if you can next time around. Long shows, usually in over 2 hours, varying setlists. It's like seeing the Grateful Dead w/o all the stinky hippies.

matt99_crew said:
I'm a major Pearl Jam fan. I think they are the greatest rock band around--they never disappoint. Do you have No Code? That's my favorite. Catch 'em live if you can next time around. Long shows, usually in over 2 hours, varying setlists. It's like seeing the Grateful Dead w/o all the stinky hippies.
We seem to love a lot of the same bands. :tickled:

Never seen them live, even though I started listening to them since shortly after Ten was released. The last album I got from them while new was Vitalogy, and I bought Binaural for me ma a few years back, but I haven't really paid attention to them since Betterman flooded the airwaves. Always a group I've given mad respect to though, if I dig Riot Act I'll probably pick up the rest of theirs that I've missed.

fuck. I've been buying too many albums lately and I've got a bunch of albums that I have hardly listened to, or not even listened to at all. Dammit. I'm putting a hold on all album buying (okay, that's harsh... one a month) until December or January.

(heh, like I'm going to follow this rule)

and this goes in effect right after I send out the money for these Katatonia - BMD LPs tomorrow. (one each purple vinyl and one pic disc. I am a true whore)

NicodemiX said:
fuck. I've been buying too many albums lately and I've got a bunch of albums that I have hardly listened to, or not even listened to at all. Dammit. I'm putting a hold on all album buying (okay, that's harsh... one a month) until December or January.

It's funny that so many on this board (including myself) have to firmly force themselves to stop purchasing albums, we are such whores for the record companiens hehe

I've got a huge date written on a Negura Bunget desktop wallpaper right now to constantly remind myself :)

That Cruachan album is pretty good, if you like the happy Irish folk sounds. The lyrics are incredibly hokey, though. Get Tuatha Na Gael if you haven't already.

I like that Ensiferum more and more with each listen. The "intro" is beautiful.

I have a 20gb iRiver MP3 player. iPods look nice and all, but there's better players ones available. It's so amazingly useful.

Doom said:
I have a 20gb iRiver MP3 player. iPods look nice and all, but there's better players ones available. It's so amazingly useful.

Yup, the battery life is pretty lame. And besides, it has become such a trend among fashion/street kids to have one so I'd rather get something else. Like the Creative touch Zen, seems to be really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.