My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered-

Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend 2CD Re-issue (for Matt)

and

Primordial - Imrama
Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja

FOR MEEEEEE

Demilich said:
What's the deal with that band? I'm drawn to anything Tolkein-related, aside from Gorgoroth.

The few reviews I've read compare Rivendell to Falkenbach, and to be honest, the sample on the Skaldic Art website did sound rather good. Coincidently (?), Skaldic Art is owned by the dude in Falkenbach. Rivendell is a one man band, as well, according to the reviews I've read.

The stuff isn't too easy to find either, which is another reason I'm upset.

J. said:
The few reviews I've read compare Rivendell to Falkenbach

Shit, that's a bit of a downer for me. I was really impressed with Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty at first, but after a few more listens it started to sound way too repetitive and bland, not enough interesting ideas.

I agree with that, but Falkenbach's debut is downright unfuckable with. Get that one.

Here's a 2:34 sample from Rivendell's latest album: http://www.8ung.at/rivendell/Rivendell (edit).mp3

Nothing too original, but this is my type of music. Mid tempo with that Pagan/Viking epicness. I'm probably gonna start looking for the albums soon. I can already hear some people complaining about the clean vox. haha

Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine [LP] and a shirt :]

(and of course I completely forgot that american sizes are fcking huge; the large I ordered would easily accomodate two of me)

Small fuckers the lot of you. But then again every L & XL band shirt I've purchased in America or from overseas has been the same fit, has been for many years. Stop ordering from size my pals! ... I dunno. I'm sorry.

found used:

Angels of Light - Everything is Good Here/Please Come Home
Alchemist - Jar of Kingdom ('99re-release on Shock Records w/ Demo '91)

Especially Likely Sloth - Paper: I Reek Of Butter
Circadian - Flanking The Black Moose

Circadian is a "collaboration between Nothing and Gruntsplatter, yet resembling neither." Sold.

You will dig that Gruntsplatter. It fucking rocks. Wait, did I make you a CD-R of that before? I did for someone on this forum, don't remember who.

Status
Not open for further replies.