My Latest Work - Sicocis - Prog / DM

Sounds pretty good to me bro

Just popped it on the iHome speakers so from a civilian listener system perspective I can't really hear anything wrong with it

Guitars sound thick with nice raw tone... overall more of a Solitude Aeturnus meets Mezarkabul (Pentagram) vibe which is cool. Riffs are nice but get a bit too repetitive at times but the break in the middle was really nice

I think the song could have about a minute of fat trimmed from it to make it a lot more effective and some better thought put into the atmospheric elements used but aside from that it's pretty damn cool

Very nice work!

Thanks los'!!

Ya I tried to make a few cahnges here and there. I actually DROPPED about 8 synth tracks they had on this. It was REALLY dense with a lot of voices / pad / strings / sitar parts. Just an INSANE amount of shit. I trimmed a TON of fat off this tune already, this was the final compromise. They are one of these "more shit is cool" kinda bands, hopefully they will tone that shit down in the writing on the next one. They were awesome guys to work with.

Doesnt sound too bad, I noticed at about 55-57 and also around 58-59 seconds though theres a bad edit, right as the vox come in. Idk if its my computer or what but check that out.

I think you're focusing the mid-range in the wrong areas. Between 180 and 300 has to be dealt with really carefully or you either have a boxy/muddy mix or an empty one. Get rid of 800 and loads of 2 - 3k from the cymbals because they're washing over the vocals quite a lot. Automating the OHs would help the dynamics of the song a lot too. I'd automate the snare fills a lot more too. Just on mac speakers so wouldn't like to comment much more than that!