My Latest Work: Worship Core band... And some Dubstep (Non Metal Content)

sebby123

Apr 6, 2011
So i haven't posted my work as of late but i'm not doing as much metal any more the first is a Christian band from san diego:
I Tracked, Mixed and mastered the whole album and went for more of a rock mix. 70% Real drums 30% Samples Blended. Kick all replaced.
Heres a slow song and a single they will be posting soon:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38821281/Haven Clients/03 Slow Song.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38821281/Haven Clients/02 End of Reason.mp3

Anyways, Let me know what you guys think take care!

Yea i tried to go for a rather different mix then what i usually go for, As for the snare its tough with there music as that is there "Heaviest" Song So i didn't want to metalize the snare to much.
And thanks for the feedback!

Hey. I'm actually mainly an electronic music/dubstep producer and the electronic song is fun but there's some major problems.

The treble IS VERY LOADED. I have very sharp headphones (akg k702) and it's nearly bordering on painful for me. There needs to be more mid range and especially some more booty and low end to the sound to balance out the mix. Right now it feels all compressed into the high mid and treble.

The master is also very loud, probably too crushed.

...and the kick is a bit too quiet.

You are very much on the right track and the composition is fun and very energetic. Just the mix is very loud and unrestrained.

Tekken, I just realized i uploaded the wrong version, i believe this copy is reaching 5.2 RMS i'll reupload the right version on monday.
As for the overall brightness of the song we compared it directly to the newest skrillex record which was definitely brighter.

Bangarang is a very bright EP. But it also has a lot more bass too.

I stand by that on my headphones A/B'ing them yours is very bright in comparison. Bangarang is the absolute limit of what I'd Put brightness to.

Ill check the other version and see if its as bright as this loud master.
Thanks for the advice, it was a rather new experience for me working in this style of music.

What is the bands name dude? The first song is amazing, the crescendo is really strong. The ending is a bit fuzzy though for me on headphones, crackling quite a bit.

Good job though, awesome mixes.