My long A Fragile Mind review on Sea of Tranquility

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I got my CD sooner than I expected, thanks to Ken Golden's speed-of-light shipping. The new CD has been in my changer practically non-stop and here's a long, detailed review I posted at Sea of Tranquility:

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=2770

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks a lot to Jasun, Troy, Mike, and Fred for the music. You've done it again.

Oh, I also posted my review at Amazon. Hopefully it will help some people make their minds.

I titled it "A Fragile Mind, A Crushing Masterpiece". Good, no? :)

My Amazon review.

BATMURA,

Thank you so much brotha for taking the time out to review it for Sea of Tranquility and we're STOKED!!!

"A Fragile Mind, A crushing masterpiece" that so RULES kat.

Thank you for posting this our way and most of all supporting the Prog-Metal genre which is must needed to keep Prog-Metal going.

\m/\m/
Jasun/ZH

Hey Jasun,

I've been listening to A Fragile Mind a lot recently and the more spins I give it the more I am convinced of the Roy Khan similarities in Fred's vocal melodies. Do you know if he's a fan of Khan's work or if he was at least inspired by some of the harmonies on Conception discs and the latest Kamelot album?

This is certainly different and something Erik very rarely used on the first two albums. Fred seems to go for a more melodic delivery and employ huge harmonies?

Or am I completely off base with my assumptions?

I'd love to hear some comments regarding the approach you guys took for the vocal melodies.

I do hear a little Khan but never noticed it til people started pointing it out.

Fred had never heard of Khan before and once he heard people talking about it I believe he went to check out some Khan clips.

Troy and Fred worked all the melodies and lyrics out so I can't really answer the question cause I wasn't part of the process in any way lol.

I do agree the two singers are different but both have the METAL approach I guess you can say.

I hope this helps a little brotha, I was thinking of new ideas for the next CD as Troy and Fred were putting together the melodies and lyrics. We appreciate all your support man and thank you for everything.

Jasun/ZH